Thread: 'Odd' ideas

Fresh Meat

UK

'Odd' ideas

I thought of a couple of zombie stories and have actually written up two. One is like 'Flesh' in that it is trying to find a 'cure' for the disease, only using insulin and other drugs. It is based upon the initial guinea pig, who wallows in the attention then gets sidelined as others get treated / experimented upon. In the end he has enough and deserts back to the Zombie army roaming the plains. The other that was written, was about the human remnants, seeking shelter from the zombie hoard and being led to safety in caves by an older race, who turn out to be, ironically, marginalized creatures who Man had brought nearly to extinction - you guessed it vampires! They milk humanity like cattle as with The Morlocks in HG Wells Time Machine, only the narrator of the story isn't a human but a vampire.
    One of the other ideas was Village of the Zombies, a definite comedy about integration. Its chief character is a zombie who goes to work everyday in a factory and comes home to his wife and undead children. The last story belongs to George Romero. It's about slaves thrown overboard from a slave ship and coming back to land to seek revenge, still as a chain gang.

By the way, I see there's an add below my post 'Make your PC run faster' - does that mean stick a zombie behind it?
    Last edited by paigetheoracle; 24-Mar-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Joke

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by paigetheoracle View Post
    I thought of a couple of zombie stories and have actually written up two. One is like 'Flesh' in that it is trying to find a 'cure' for the disease, only using insulin and other drugs. It is based upon the initial guinea pig, who wallows in the attention then gets sidelined as others get treated / experimented upon. In the end he has enough and deserts back to the Zombie army roaming the plains. The other that was written, was about the human remnants, seeking shelter from the zombie hoard and being led to safety in caves by an older race, who turn out to be, ironically, marginalized creatures who Man had brought nearly to extinction - you guessed it vampires! They milk humanity like cattle as with The Morlocks in HG Wells Time Machine, only the narrator of the story isn't a human but a vampire.
    One of the other ideas was Village of the Zombies, a definite comedy about integration. Its chief character is a zombie who goes to work everyday in a factory and comes home to his wife and undead children. The last story belongs to George Romero. It's about slaves thrown overboard from a slave ship and coming back to land to seek revenge, still as a chain gang.

By the way, I see there's an add below my post 'Make your PC run faster' - does that mean stick a zombie behind it?
    Not looking to stem your creative flow, most of your ideas have potential, but we do have a vampire/zombie story ( written by yours truly over ten years ago ) in the fiction section; it's called Preservation of A Species.
    And while we can never have enough stories on the topic, check it and see if your stuff parallels mine too closely. Probably not, two minds and all, but since you said yours is already written down - let's just say I'm curious.

Keep on thinking up odd ideas.

Wayne Z
    To find the night, to hunt as one pleased like in the old days, some eighty-seven years for the female preternatural predator. But those sweet times were vanquished by the unthinking intercession of a myth given form, cause still unknown, manifesting itself in a plague of walking dead which all too quickly decimated the human cattle.
    “We’ll be ready, “ Jonathan told his superior, ignoring the childish sarcasm from the youngster. “Rainier believes that continued life under our guardianship to be preferable to a grisly death and empty resurrection at the hands of these abominations. “

Preservation of a species, 2000.