Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x16 "Welcome to the Tombs" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 3x16 "Welcome to the Tombs" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Keep discussion of 3x16 "Welcome to the Tombs" within this thread only.

Don't talk about the episode in the shoutbox.

Comic book spoilers must be put into spoiler tags (not everyone has read the comics). If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, go to the HPOTD FAQ and look up the section on 'BB Codes'.

The Walking Dead Episode 316: “Welcome to the Tombs” - ”Rick and the group have to seriously consider if the prison is worth defending as the Governor’s impending attack looms over their heads.” Written By: Glen Mazzara, Directed By: Ernest Dickerson
    Preview pics and videos here: http://dailydead.com/30-photos-from-...ason-3-finale/

It's the finale episode of the season, people! How time flies when you're having fun.

United States
    Bittersweet day. 7 months is a long wait for resolution or closure of whatever happens tonight. The good news is TWD makes winter more bearable in Illinois

United States
    All in all, pretty happy with the season despite a few setbacks.

Bring on the finale!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    Maybe they'll surprise us with an exceptional episode!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Maybe they'll surprise us with an exceptional episode!?
    After last seasons mid break and finale I would be surprised if tonight isn't great. I believe it will be a great one

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    After last seasons mid break and finale I would be surprised if tonight isn't great. I believe it will be a great one
    I hope it rocks too ! I'd love to see Allen being chomped; he's such a tosser....Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 31-Mar-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Has anyone seen the finale yet? I recall that there was a member on here that was privy to the season 1 screeners. There is a lot to fit in this episode and I wouldn't mind if season 4 featured the Governor for a while.
    I imagine come the summer months we will know what the setting is for Season 4. I still champion a plagiarised original Day of the Dead script for a season!!!
    Bed early tonight and TWD with my ready brek. Smashing.

Dead

United States
    Just another episode. It had its moments. But for a finale, it reminds me of that saying in all public restroom-"Here I sit all broken hearted, came to shit but only farted".
    This was something I could've seen happening in the middle of the season. The season 2 mid-season finale was better than this...
    Best thing that happened was Carl stepping up like they all should've. Glen and Maggie both had the chance to cut them down, including the Gov but they must've forgot what he did to them or something. Or Herschel must've turned everyone into a born again christian.

I mean, it sort of worked out interestingly in the end. But man!! Weak!!!
    Last edited by babomb; 01-Apr-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    That was not what I was expecting at all. I am definitely a bit disappointed.

Super Moderator

Germany
    15 was a better episode.

Carl was right. The dude wasn't following instructions which means he definitely wanted to punk them.

Andrea acted like she didn't understand the problem with injured people dying in a zombie apocalypse. She yaps too much instead of maintaining the focus required for the situation.

Dead

United States
    Like I said, if this episode would've been somewhere in the middle of the season, I would've really liked the episode for its own merits.
    But as a season finale, after all that buildup, it just totally fell flat.

There were parts i liked, like the Gov flipping and gunning his own people down. I knew it was over for him at that point. Then Carl flat out gunning that kid down, then laying down the law to Rick for his reasons on doing it.

United States
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?

WTF was she doing reminiscing with Milton when she should've been monkey toeing it from the get go?
    I was really hoping the last we'd see of her was the noises from behind the door, and she'd miraculously be unscathed for season four.
    But oh wellz...
    Last edited by rongravy; 01-Apr-2013 at 02:40 AM. Reason: .........

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    15 was a better episode.

Carl was right. The dude wasn't following instructions which means he definitely wanted to punk them.

Andrea acted like she didn't understand the problem with injured people dying in a zombie apocalypse. She yaps too much instead of maintaining the focus required for the situation.
    Totally. She's trying to have a heart felt conversation with Milton while he's holding on by a thread waiting for her to save herself. Then the group gets there just in the nick of time for her to explain why she was being such a dumb blonde the whole season.

United States
    nearly the entirety of season 3.5 has been a let-down. between the first half of season 2 and this last go around, i'm convinced this show has some of the weakest pacing and most glaring inconsistencies i've ever seen. funny how amy, who was bit by a walker repeatedly, took several hours to reanimate, while shane last season and milton this season both came to after natural deaths in a matter of a few convenient minutes when the writers called for it.

i really hope that whatever drama went on with mazzarra and the impact it has had upon this show is done and over with. this show has potential, but all this behind the scenes drama and some craptacular writing has really brought it down from what it could have been. i'm glad that it's going to be october till it's back on, i feel there's some things that need to be addressed.

things i liked: the initial attack on the prison and the devastation of the walkers surrounding it, the governor going apeshit and gunning down dozens of his own people, and the last five minutes when tyrese joins the prison gang and andrea dies (which gives me higher hopes for season 4).

things i disliked: milton's nearly instant re-animation (much lilke shane's last season, though this one did grace us with andrea's demise), carl being an arrogant little prick again (even if that kid was kinda asking to get shot and carl did call rick out on being a pussy, he's still a little asshole who i'd like to see lose a limb or something), darly's goofy-looking pixie haircut, the lack of morgan showing up. andrea's death was a let-down, too, as i seriously doubt she could cut through handcuff links with a set of pliers like that. they should've came into the governor's torture room to find milton chowing down on what was left of andrea's corpse still bound to the hot seat.

will still be tuning in for season 4, but i had such high hopes for the last half of 3 based on how well the front 8 were. if AMC's greed or problems with showrunners/writers/kirkman can be compensated for, this show could still fly high, but only time will tell i suppose.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 01-Apr-2013 at 02:56 AM. Reason: .

Dying

United States
    I still don't think the series has technically had a bad episode. I've enjoyed every minute of Walking Dead, and have easily forgiven any minor hiccups along the way. This episode was no exception.

- I love how Hershel left that highlighted portion of the Bible. I thought to myself "Aww yea! The Governor just got SERVED!"
    - The Governor in the show is officially worse than the Governor in the comic. GUNNING DOWN HIS OWN CITIZENS?! That was awesome. It was the only logical way the TV Governor could rival the one in the comic. AMC aren't ballsy enough to show him murder a baby or rape some bitch. That would be too far for TV. For some reason, mercilessly gunning down his own people was just far more entertaining to me. The reactions of the Black Bowman and Martinez, timidly jumping back into the truck, were priceless.
    - Andrea / Milton got dragged out a bit, as has been mentioned. I got people posting on my Facebook "Your Andrea article made her death tonight better" I thought it was a great way for the character to go out, though. I laughed pretty hard when she said "I know how the safety works."
    - The ending was completely different from the comic - rescuing a shit-ton of people from Woodbury? And not even healthy, capable people...they literally adopted all the women, children and elderly from Woodbury. That's gonna be a huge chunk of their food rations.
    - Hopefully they flesh out Karen some more. (If I was in the post-apocalypse I'd certainly flesh her out some more. (As a survivor or zombie.))

Looking forward to Season 4, and will more than likely rewatch the entire series before delving into Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 01-Apr-2013 at 03:29 AM.