Thread: Using Video and Hyperlink Tags

Scotland

Question Using Video and Hyperlink Tags

As a new member I was wondering if it's necessary to have made a certain number of posts before you can use the video and hyperlink tags ? I've tried to post a couple of threads using both tags with no success, the posting permission for new threads is on.

Also, as a new member is there a limit to the number of posts you can make ? This may seem like an odd question, but I read a post where the individual said that they had reached their quota for the year or something.

Thanks
    Morto
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 05-Apr-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: after thought

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    As a new member I was wondering if it's necessary to have made a certain number of posts before you can use the video and hyperlink tags ? I've tried to post a couple of threads using both tags with no success, the posting permission for new threads is on.

Also, as a new member is there a limit to the number of posts you can make ? This may seem like an odd question, but I read a post where the individual said that they had reached their quota for the year or something.

Thanks
    Morto
    On the first issue, I'm unsure - I'll defer that to Neil or Andy.

On the second issue, there isn't a maximum post number in any given timeframe (I believe said comment was made in jest).

Administrator

England
    There is a list of all the BB Codes you can use here and no, we dont limit use by your status as member. Our mods are good enough to weed out spammers from genuine new members without such measures

Also for your second question, no there is no limit on how many posts you can make, if we feel your spamming then a mod may contact you and ask you to calm down but there is no automatic restriction.

There is a floodgate which will not let you post for 30 seconds immediately after your previous post, maybe thats what your thinking of?

Super Moderator

UK
    I see with your post about the Music of TWD, the thread needed approving by a Mod due to the links (as you're a new member) - I've done that - so if there were any issues with that thread, they should be alright now. I had actually responded to that thread before approving it as a Mod and my response wasn't showing up, so I had to approve my own post, which was weird, but nevertheless - that thread should be working fine now.

Scotland
    Thanks MZ for remedying that thread. I wasn't sure whether it was a technical issue, my incompetence, the fact that it's the weekend, or if the topic was too trite.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 06-Apr-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Administrator

England
    I Still need to find whats causing that..

*sigh*

Another job for my list.