Thread: The Governor....Dancing?

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

The Governor....Dancing?

Forgive me, for I know not what I do and I may be a tad drunk

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Saw this a while back. Gives a chuckle if you hadn't seen it before TWD.

There's also a scene from some gangster movie with Andrew Lincoln(Rick) in a horrible bowl cut that keeps floating around.

It's funny when you connect people with a certain character and then find out they had a career before....

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I'm the same way about Doctor Who. Once I see someone in it, I find it really difficult to see them in anything else.

England
    I posted the governor dancing video in the video recap thread
    Here's another collection of scenes from Human Traffic with Andrew Lincoln. Watch it all the way through. Rick on ecstasy is hilarious. Quality movie as well.

Last edited by kidgloves; 09-Apr-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: k
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

"I don't DISLIKE anything about you, I just don't LIKE anything about you either."

I gotta see that flick...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

"I don't DISLIKE anything about you, I just don't LIKE anything about you either."

I gotta see that flick...
    I've only seen it once, but I've got it on DVD - I must give it another spin.

Although, having not been involved in the 1990s club scene (it's not my thing for one, and for two I was still in school ), I don't have much of a connection to it - you know, like an outside observer who doesn't really 'get' it, but can enjoy it generally anyway. I'd totally forgotten that Lincoln was in that flick, and I had forgotten that he was in Love Actually as well (I saw it once when I was at uni and one of the girls forced me to watch it when there was fuck all on telly), but the memes going around relating to the bit where Lincoln's standing on that doorstep with those white cards with text on are rather funny.

What I did remember Andrew Lincoln from though, was a Channel 4 series called "Teachers", which was a rather good comedy drama.

There's a YouTube video of some clips of him in the show here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Lqi_eMpKU (not that safe for work)

Funny as fook seeing "The Governor" singing and dancing, mind you ... there's another clip out there (from Shameless, I think?) where he sings an Elvis song (IIRC) while getting the cowgirl treatment. So weird to see David Morrissey in that clip now that I'm so used to him being Philip Blake. These actors certainly have inhabited their characters with gusto, and I think that's part of the reason we identify them so strongly with their TWD counterpart.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Apr-2013 at 06:02 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've only seen it once, but I've got it on DVD - I must give it another spin.

Although, having not been involved in the 1990s club scene (it's not my thing for one, and for two I was still in school ), I don't have much of a connection to it - you know, like an outside observer who doesn't really 'get' it, but can enjoy it generally anyway. I'd totally forgotten that Lincoln was in that flick, and I had forgotten that he was in Love Actually as well (I saw it once when I was at uni and one of the girls forced me to watch it when there was fuck all on telly), but the memes going around relating to the bit where Lincoln's standing on that doorstep with those white cards with text on are rather funny.

What I did remember Andrew Lincoln from though, was a Channel 4 series called "Teachers", which was a rather good comedy drama.

There's a YouTube video of some clips of him in the show here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Lqi_eMpKU (not that safe for work)

Funny as fook seeing "The Governor" singing and dancing, mind you ... there's another clip out there (from Shameless, I think?) where he sings an Elvis song (IIRC) while getting the cowgirl treatment. So weird to see David Morrissey in that clip now that I'm so used to him being Philip Blake. These actors certainly have inhabited their characters with gusto, and I think that's part of the reason we identify them so strongly with their TWD counterpart.
    For me, Human Traffic is THE movie that best explains the dance/E/trance scene. It really was an escape/release over the weekend for many people of my age. The movie also has quite an interesting story behind it. It was actually directed by a film student and funded primarily by his university at the time. One of those situation where a good script picks up momentum and more and more people get attached to the project.
    The soundtrack is also out of this world. Underworld and Orbital are imprinted on my brain from that era.
    Good times.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA