Thread: Batman: Arkham Origins (video game) announced!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation Batman: Arkham Origins (video game) announced!

I think we have a thread for the third entry of this series, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, WB has announced the release of Batman: Arkham Origins.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham Origins™ and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate™, the next installments of the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise. Batman: Arkham Origins will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system, the Wii U™ system, and Windows PC. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate™ will be available for the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. Both titles are scheduled to release worldwide Oct. 25, 2013.

Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, the first two critically acclaimed games of the franchise. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is a 2.5-D game developed by Armature Studio that brings the Batman Arkham experience for the first time to Nintendo and Sony handheld systems. A companion game to Batman: Arkham Origins, players can continue the storyline of the console version and discover more details of the Dark Knight’s past.

“Batman: Arkham is a huge triple-A videogame franchise and we are delighted to expand the experience with Batman: Arkham Origins,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “WB Games Montréal has an incredibly talented team building upon Rocksteady’s award-winning gameplay and technology to deliver a deep, immersive, quality experience fans will love.”

“WB Games Montréal is honored to have the opportunity to create Batman: Arkham Origins, a new chapter in this amazing franchise,” said Reid Schneider, Vice President and Executive Producer, WB Games Montréal. “We are huge fans of the franchise and are committed to creating an experience that offers players more of what they love, as well as the chance to play as a younger Batman within a fresh storyline and expanded world.”
    Some screenshots here: http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...arkham-origins

The first two instantly went on my all-time favorites list. I simply can't wait for this one.

Administrator

England

Exclamation Batman: Arkham Origins Announced!

Ireland
    Yeh, count me in for a bit of that.

I just hope the main game is bigger than the previous entries.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post

I just hope the main game is bigger than the previous entries.
    The environment? I thought City nailed the larger environment. It was no GTA, but it definitely improved on Asylum, imo. If you mean the length of the main game....sorry.

Ireland
    Yeh, game length Bass. I thought both Batman games were quite short and once the main game was finished, that was it for me really. I thought all the other stuff to do was padding.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....