Thread: CARGO - Tropfest Australia 2013 Finalist

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

CARGO - Tropfest Australia 2013 Finalist

So, on one of my regular visits to io9.com, I discovered this short film from Australia called "Cargo".

Basically a guy is determined to get as far as he can, but has one thing he needs to do first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryenlQKTbE
    Last edited by Cykotic; 10-Apr-2013 at 12:41 AM.

England
    Holy cow. That was freaking awesome.
    Very moving.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Great Britain
    Wow very good got to admit choked me up a bit at the end.

Administrator

England
    Hope Rosie made it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    That was amazing!!! Hope they win/won
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I've had this on my "Watch Later" list for months and finally got my arse around to watching it - bloody nora! A top short film, that!

Right in the feels, as the Internet likes to say ... the 'donkey/carrot' idea was a masterstroke, and it just punched me in the feels even more. Pin sharp efficient storytelling there, going right for the gut to tell an emotionally engaging (and impacting) story in 7 minutes. Superb stuff!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hope Rosie made it!
    That was brilliant.

So how the freaking hell do you explain all this to the kid when she grows?

Wayne Z

Administrator

England
    Do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Maggie" will get this emotional?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Norway
    This short film was awesome. I doubt the Maggie movie will be as good since it probably is going to be in the vein of warm bodies.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    This short film was awesome. I doubt the Maggie movie will be as good since it probably is going to be in the vein of warm bodies.
    Heh! I liked Warm Bodies!
    -Carl Sagan