View Poll Results: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

5 45.45%
  • Decent

3 27.27%
  • Not great, not bad

2 18.18%
  • Totally sucked ass

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So no one here went to see Pirates... I can't believe that!

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    I'll wait for it on DVD.....Bill Nighy is the only reason I'm going to give it a chance......I hated Depp in the first one.....he can do much better in a role, IMO. I know it's Disney; and one has to "act" a certain way for a Disney flick, but,....come on!!
    Bill did a good job.

Administrator

England
    Saw it last night.

I have to say visual it was incredible. That has to be the most impressive CGI work I have EVER seen!

The film itself was pretty good. Some incredible action scenes, mixed in the average story fair.

Overall 7.5/10...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    I'll wait for it on DVD.....Bill Nighy is the only reason I'm going to give it a chance......I hated Depp in the first one.....he can do much better in a role, IMO. I know it's Disney; and one has to "act" a certain way for a Disney flick, but,....come on!!

Funny you say that. During filming of the first Pirates film Disney exec's had a major issue with Depp's performance and the fact he was wearing eyeliner and make-up.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I heard about that movie, doesn't involve some superhuman plot or something?
    Sort of. I goes in ten directions. It's one movie, than another, then theres a lame 15 minute rape scene (no kidding) thats not particularly realistic (thank god, I hate that), then it become a crime flick with superpowers. It was along time ago, but if your into kooky wierdness, that is absolutely ther movie for you. The Grindhouse atmosphere pf the Music palace helped alot. And that my girlfriend took me there (I never heard of it) was super cool. The other movie was some gambling thing that was lame. When I went to go back the third time it was closed