Thread: Predictions for E3?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Predictions for E3?

So its on its way and nintendos just announced- after announcing a large loss this quarter, that they will not be giving a conference like the big 3 has done for the last decade. This being just one sign that this is going to be a very strange e3.
    We've got the xbox 3 with more reports every other day claiming the reports of its "always online or no games" thing is legit, sonys whole facebook integrating, twitch streaming tie ins to the ps4, no valve again.

Its just looking to be a strange e3 like the kind we aint seen in a while. Any expectations?

Personally im guessing sony will be the big winner this time in terms of 'hype' for the first time in years. Their only hardware competition is the xbox which is gonna be a very hard sell and the last 2 or 3 xbox conferences were fucking terrible and i dont expect them to get better. I think sonys going to show some new square, ubisoft and eidos products and nintendos going to unveil its new mario and zelda titles - and theres rumours of a new metroid game and the xbox is gonna bomb trying to ride on call of duty and kinect 2.
    As for surprises though i think microsofts gotta be keeping something schtum to damamge control, maybe a trailer for halo 5, maybe that rumoured alan wake sequel or the mass effect spin of. But i think its in the most trouble right now in terms of media buzz and they would be fools not to be sitting on some big sequel or new ip.

Actually i go out and guess Fable 4 for the new xbox, and they'll probably call it the xbox infinity since thats the windows 8 logo on its side and they are desperate to push the windows 8 intergration.

lets see what happens.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I wanna see some Oculus Rift action.

Also I want a release date for Rome 2.

Super Moderator

UK
    As soon as I saw the rumoured "Infinity" name tag, I thought "Windows 8" ... I wouldn't be surprised.

If this "always on" horseshit is true then they've got some massive idiots in charge. I'd absolutely love an "Alan Wake 2", but if it's on an 'always on Infinity' then I won't be able to play it at all for numerous reasons posted in another thread. "Always On" really is the stupidest idea ever. Perhaps not in 50 years when we're all flying around on hover chairs plugged into screens a la WALL.E, but today is not that day by any stretch.

No Nintendo this year? Must be keeping their heads down. Their new console ... *temporarily forgets its name* ... the WiiU came out, made no splash, and hasn't been heard from since pretty much.

If the "Always On" thing does turn out to be true, I hope it's a disastrous E3 for MS and Xbox (and this coming from me, a big fan of the Xbox360) with lots of embarrassment and journalists asking very difficult questions to slap some damn reality upside the dim-witted faces of those who seem to be making these awfully stupid decisions over at MS' console department.

I also predict lots of "boobs at E3" features on various gaming sites.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I'm surprised Nintendo aren't doing a show considering they have Pikmin 3, Monolith X, The Wonderful 101, Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Mario Kart and a 3D Mario game out this year.
    I wonder if Sony and Microsoft have the games though, PS4 did come with Killzone 4 and Dragons Dogma 2 at it's announcement so maybe Nextbox will have Halo 5 and Left 4 Dead 3 or something for their launches.

Administrator

England
    I Enjoy an online game every now and then but im definately going to be swapping teams and going for a PS4, cant stand this always online crap.. it ruined diablo 3.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    I'm surprised Nintendo aren't doing a show considering they have Pikmin 3, Monolith X, The Wonderful 101, Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, Mario Kart and a 3D Mario game out this year.
    I wonder if Sony and Microsoft have the games though, PS4 did come with Killzone 4 and Dragons Dogma 2 at it's announcement so maybe Nextbox will have Halo 5 and Left 4 Dead 3 or something for their launches.
    Nintendo still plans on doing two smaller scale E3 shows, one for press, one for retail outlets. Still though, it's not a good idea imo. I pretty much agree with Sessler here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TW5OHuGoiQ

As far as my predictions, I don't really have any. Whichever console has the best looking games is the one I'm buying this year, so hopefully Sony and Microsoft make that decision a hard one.

I'm kind of surprised that Microsoft is unveiling their console only two weeks before E3. Can't wait to see what they'll show off after all the negative "always online" press.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I also predict lots of "boobs at E3" features on various gaming sites.
    Subscribes to thread...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Subscribes to thread...

Randy bugger.