Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men cross your legs! "Chop" talk!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Now, onto the 'testing' with the better half to make sure all is working properly!
    Recommendation is twice a week for 16 weeks!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think you heard the doctor wrong. I think he said 24 weeks, just to be REALLY sure.

Super Moderator

United States

Nah, that's 16 times a week for 2 months.

Let us know how that works out for you.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    There's a truly terrible gif I'd post here if I weren't afraid of being immediately and permanently banned. And the conversation topic made me think of a short story I recently submitted to HPOTD...
    Life After: The Arising

In a scientific and spiritual sense, humanity has its world ordered, but that order slowly descends into chaos when something defies the tenets of both, leaving the events of human history divided into life before and life after the bodies of the dead began to reanimate.

A college student comes home to be confronted by something he’d only read about in fiction and seen in movies: Zombies. Despite lungs beset by asthma and a total lack of survival skills, his lifelong desire to endure an undead apocalypse sees him unite a small group of acquaintances, but with the town quarantined as emergency infrastructure breaks down, everyone will have to grow up fast if they want to see a life after the arising....

Now available on paperback and Kindle at Amazon!

United States
    Wow... that's love Neil. If its any consolation... you're better off losing some swimmers than the guy who had 150lb testicles removed... he had to wear a sweatshirt just to cover up his junk

You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Super Moderator

Germany
    I am kinda of glad the formatting didn't work for your video.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I am kinda of glad the formatting didn't work for your video.
    Ditto!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh yeah, I watched some of that documentary on channel 4 last week - absolutely mental - luckily for the chap he didn't lose his actual testicles, it was a vast growth/swelling that had developed ... but I wasn't really sure of how/why it happened. Anyway, at one point they uncovered his testicles during the operation and clinked them together as if toasting with champagne glasses.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Did that story end happily? ie: Did he basically get back to something like normal?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^ Did that story end happily? ie: Did he basically get back to something like normal?

Yeah, it was a happy ending for the guy - they got his gear back into proper order, he was able to get out and about again and do things with friends, and they showed him finally being able to buy trousers again, rather than wearing hoodies upside down.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Good stuff!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Yeah, it was a happy ending for the guy - they got his gear back into proper order, he was able to get out and about again and do things with friends, and they showed him finally being able to buy trousers again, rather than wearing hoodies upside down.
    It makes me laugh and laugh that You put that in spoiler Tags!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    It makes me laugh and laugh that You put that in spoiler Tags!

Well you never know, someone might have been saving it for a rainy day on their Sky+ ...