Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome (TV series) - Stephen King

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'd have preferred a Stephen King mini-series, ala the 90's, but this does look interesting. I will check it out.

Scotland
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

England
    I'll give it a go, the book was great barring the ending which seemed a bit ridiculous! Looking forward to seeing how the psycho deputy Junior plays out on screen...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I'll give it a go, the book was great barring the ending which seemed a bit ridiculous! Looking forward to seeing how the psycho deputy Junior plays out on screen...
    If I recall he had a thing for dead girls?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If I recall he had a thing for dead girls?
    Yeah that whole story arc was massively creepy!

Administrator

England
    WTF! I thought it would have trouble filling 13 episodes.... but it looks like this could be more than one series? Huh?!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62635

Vaughan told reporters Thursday morning he hopes to keep “Dome” going well beyond the 13 episodes CBS will air this summer -- which seems to imply the mystery of the dome covering the small Maine town of Chester’s Mill may not be solved this summer.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Reviews seem very +ve!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63007
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, I've seen the first episode - and I dig it.

I've not read the source text, so I'm just going on what was presented to me in the first episode, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Anyone else checked out the first episode yet?

United States
    I watched it last night - interesting, and I will keep watching 'till they screw it up.

Having read the book, it has started off well so far - however, I would've never picked Dean Norris as Big Jim, but that's just me. He just doesn't fit the character of Big Jim in the book. I was, however, surprised to see Jeff Fahey make an appearance.

Speaking of Fahey, am I the only one who sees him and instantly thinks "LAWNMOWER MAN!" ??

So, one episode down, and I dig it.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 25-Jun-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: "Why did Lou edit this post? No reason."

Scotland
    I haven't seen it yet...I plan on watching it tonight, sounds like I'm going to enjoy it!
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    @Lou - when I see Fahey, I either think of him in "Body Parts" (IIRC) where he has a murderer's arm transplanted onto him (IIRC) ... or as the plane captain in Lost ... or in Planet Terror obsessing over his special BBQ sauce.

It's certainly got my interest, so hopefully it continues strongly.

United States
    DVR'ed this last night. haven't got around to watching it yet, but a friend from work had good things to say about it today.

i've not read the book, so i'm totally in the dark about what to expect. however, with dean norris as one of the (main?) characters, i'm mildly excited. that dude rocks the house as hank schrader on breaking bad, major acting chops.

will try to chime in with my impressions once i get around to viewing it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    @Lou - when I see Fahey, I either think of him in "Body Parts" (IIRC) where he has a murderer's arm transplanted onto him (IIRC)
    OMG, I completely forgot he was in that flick. The car accident at the beginning (when he loses his arm) really creeped me out when I first saw it.. *shudders*

No idea why Lawnmower Man always comes to mind when I see him. Same thing happens when I see Eric Roberts - out of all the movies the guy has been in, the one I remember the instant I see him is the horrible flick, "The Ambulance"

United States
    watched the first episode last night, was pleasantly surprised. a bit better than i was expecting, although, as some have mentioned, a bit of the acting was a bit sub-par. lots of stuff going on with the numerous characters and their antics that interest me, so i'll definitely be tuning in for the remainder of the series.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I watched it last night - interesting, and I will keep watching 'till they screw it up.

Having read the book, it has started off well so far - however, I would've never picked Dean Norris as Big Jim, but that's just me. He just doesn't fit the character of Big Jim in the book. I was, however, surprised to see Jeff Fahey make an appearance.

Speaking of Fahey, am I the only one who sees him and instantly thinks "LAWNMOWER MAN!" ??

So, one episode down, and I dig it.
    Actually, I think 'Psycho III'
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....