Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Under the Dome (TV series) - Stephen King

Administrator

England
    Season 2 is approaching... I gave up with the first episode of season 1. Did I make the right move?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFEhjEi604
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Season 1 was pretty bad. It's not worth watching. The most consistent thing about it is that all characters have one character-trait that they embody. In addition, all characters will make stupid decisions in order to serve the advancement of the plot. I've never been quite so frustrated by how stupid characters act just to cause a little bit of shallow drama. It's way, way worse than TWD in this regard.

All the episodes are of the variety "Oh shit, now we're facing this problem" (i.e. food shortage, gas shortage, water shortage, wildfire spreading) and they're struggling to solve it with the resources they have at hand and then they always do. Despite all the talk about rationing, there's never anyone who questions if they should A) start rationing their gasoline for their cars (seriously, they all drive around in cars, all the time. If they keep this up in Season 2, it's beyond stupid) or B) stop shooting at each other. You wouldn't believe how many people die because of ignorance and short-sighted anger in season 1. The society completely collapses in like... 9 days or something like that. There's literally an underground Gladiator/Thunderdomish arena set up like 10 episodes in. What the actual fuck? It's like you just sit there and think that this Dome was set up to protect the outer world from all these assholes that got stuck inside.

I hear Stephen King is more involved in season 2. I might actually give it a shot just to see if it's improved, but I'm willing to drop it quickly if it hasn't.

Ireland
    You're missing nothing. It's rubbish.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    I limped to the end of season one and it just got worse and worse. Like others have said it was jam-packed with stupidity coming from all angles.

I watched a clip from season 2 online earlier and it was 'oh no, the dome's magnetic now!' so everyone was panicking in a kitchen as frying pans and knives flew about ... but, geez, the nails in the wood came out (but only some of the nails from some of the wood, rather inconsistently) ... ... anyway, one pierced the teen boy's hand (the boy with the sister who was imprisoned for a spell in season one) and the reaction was laughably bad. If that really happened you'd be screaming your tits off, but not him.

I won't be watching season two. The first season started off with some promise, but started to crumble very fast and just kept getting worse and worse and worse. It's like the poster boy for just how awful, dunderheaded and compromised US network television can be.

*searches*

Here's the clip I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2UqDj2u5Q

Administrator

England
    Of course, Hollywood rule is with all knives and nails flying through the air, they MUST fly point first!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    After reading this thread...it looks that after game of thrones, one more show is on the cards..will first watch the trailer and then will decide.