Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

United States
    Love that poster. That Tyreese image is magnificent.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    And the title of episode 4x01 is:

"30 Days Without an Accident"
    http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...d-promo-video/

Can't imagine that'll be the case by the end of the episode.

Also, they said they were doing a time jump, but the title makes me wonder - could 4x01 be set only a month after 3x16? What do you folks think?

Scotland
    I also thought the time leap was definite. Maybe an event occurs during the time leap which then causes major consequences for the prison group. Possibly an "extras massacre". We then rejoin the timeline in 4x01....30 days after the event.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    I also thought the time leap was definite. Maybe an event occurs during the time leap which then causes major consequences for the prison group. Possibly an "extras massacre". We then rejoin the timeline in 4x01....30 days after the event.
    Another possibility - when they said they were doing another time jump, they said it was similar to season 3 ... although whether they meant 'similar as in we're doing another time jump' or 'similar as in we're jumping the same amount of time between seasons'.

Only time will tell ... I can't wait to see the Comic-Con trailer!

Super Moderator

UK
    Promo for AMC's Season 4 preview weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVFWlcO-dUs
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Jul-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Double arseburgers with extra mayo!

United States
    I wonder if Greg will do another set of wepisodes considering he's balls deep into the pilot. Excited!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Kirkman talks new showrunner Gimple, and Season 4's direction:

http://dailydead.com/robert-kirkman-...son-4-changes/

“[Gimple's approach is]… a much more character-based story. It’s going to be more focused on who these characters are and what they’re going through. To a certain extent, we got away from that a little bit in season three. Coming into season four, we’re definitely going to know a lot more about these people so it will be that much more gut-wrenching and worse when we lose these characters.

More than any other showrunner, Scott actually read the comics regularly and was a huge fan before show existed and watched the first season and was a fan before he was brought on as a writer in season two. He absolutely loves the material. We are definitely going in some new directions and this will continue to be a different take on the material form the comics but there will possibly be some scenes that are a little bit closer to the comic than we’ve done in the past. Season four probably has the most number of scenes that are adapted directly from the comic series or very close to what we did. A good deal of that is from Scott and the way he views that material and puts forth that extra effort to work it into the show in a way that it all works.”

As for where Season 4 picks up, Robert Kirkman confirmed that there will be another time jump:

“There’s going to be a bit of a time jump. Some time has passed between season three and season four. It’s only a few months, we’re not nailing down the exact number of days or anything like that. The prison that we see is a very different prison and the characters that we see are very different from the last time we saw them. We go into season four with characters you’ve known for four years and still find new things to explore with them and new aspects of their character and see that they are growing and changing in extremely dramatic ways due to the strains that this world has put upon them.”
    Sounds groovy to me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Kirkman talks new showrunner Gimple, and Season 4's direction:

http://dailydead.com/robert-kirkman-...son-4-changes/

Sounds groovy to me.
    Yes it does!

- - - Updated - - -

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-walker-still/

That looks awesome!

Super Moderator

UK

Now that looks pretty darn awesome.

And trailer on Friday? Oh hell yes!

- - - Updated - - -

Kirkman and Gimple talk season 4:
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/walking-dead-bosses-tease-season-4s-threats-characters-004300630.html

Some choice bits:

The direction the series has taken is so different from the comics. At the end of Season 2, we at least had some indication of what was to come with the introduction of Michonne and the glimpse of the prison. What can we expect this season?

Kirkman: You can expect a lot of surprises. Comic book fans that think the show has steered away from the comics completely will be pleasantly surprised by Season 4. Honestly, some of the closest adaptations of the comic have happened thus far is in Season 4. There are some very cool things that are told in the comics that... are adapted almost directly, which I usually frown upon. But Scott Gimple is able to talk me into things from time to time.

Gimple: I think it's something I've always done and something I've always striven to do. Some of the moments I've written on the show that I felt really, really psyched about, like Sophia coming out of the barn or Rick on the phone in the episode "Hounded," are kind of from the comic book. Sophia never came out of the barn in the comic book, but Hershel's family came out of the barn. It affected Hershel the same way as it did on the show. The way I always approached it is that it's a remix of the comic book. It's taking great stuff and, because we have departed from the comic book in so many ways, being true to the moments, but in different ways. As a fan, it can be really exciting because you recognize it and you know it, but it's in a way that will surprise you and you wouldn't see coming.

Kirkman: The dynamic is usually Scott going "Wait, no! This is in the comics was cool," and me going "No! I'm bored with that! Let's do something new." He's won over a couple of times in Season 4. There will be some things that will be directly pulled from the comics that start creeping in very early in Season 4. I think comic book fans don't know what to expect which is the best possible place to be in.
    Can you talk about the tone of this season? Last year, it was more about how humans are more dangerous than zombies.

Kirkman: There is a considered effort towards reminding people just how big of a threat the zombies truly are. I don't think we ever truly got away from that, but we did shift our focus to a human antagonist in Season 3. In Season 4, we are definitely focusing on the zombies, showing them as a clear threat, and bringing them back to the forefront to a certain extent. They will be a very present, huge danger that everyone will have to deal with. But at the same time, we liked bringing in humans as a big threat in Season 3. We are bringing in another threat, which is nature itself. I don't really want to get into specifics too much, but I will say that there is a third uncontrollable, almost undefeatable threat that is going to come in when the characters of the show are at their most vulnerable. It's really going to be something that they have a hard time dealing with.

Gimple: I will say that I love when we have done lighter moments on the show and we do have them, but there will be a good amount of dark story time this season. There's some interesting lighter stuff. It's The Walking Dead; it's not Seinfeld. Things do get dark. Things do get rough and scary and exciting. There is a little balance of funny, though.

United States
    That is a great looking walker. TWD is really setting the standards high. This is a long offseason. I am quite happy that the focus of walkers as a primary threat. The Gov was necessary to show how dangerous fellow man can be but I want walkers damnit.

Undisclosed
    In retrospect the way the Governor was written and the whole Woodbury setting were a bit crap to be quite honest. So much wasted potential.
    The make up and walkers in general have always been stellar, and to me, Nicotero's team's work is one of the prime reasons to continue watching.

Super Moderator

UK
    New promo art by comic book artist Alex Ross:

And apparently Norman Reedus is now in charge of the official AMC/TWD Instagram page:

http://instagram.com/amcthewalkingdead#

I like the idea that nature is also going to pose a threat to the survivors - perhaps some freak weather? What kind of weather worries do folks have in Georgia?

I'm encouraged by the tidbits of info about season 4 - while season 3 was very enjoyable and had some jaw-droppingly good episodes, overall it did drift a bit too far from the source material generally. I feel they got the mix of comics & TV right in the first two seasons, and then tilted the balance a little too much away from the comics with season 3 - still good stuff, but some areas proved a little troublesome. I think though that all three seasons have done things right and done things wrong, but they've always sought to make improvements and listen to the fans between seasons when they have the luxury of listening to the reasonable reactions of the fanbase and implementing it into the show (i.e. before they get into writing and production).

- - - Updated - - -

From AMC's TWD re-run marathon, a couple of interview clips with Lauren Cohan and Norman Reedus - US-viewers only, unless you have the power...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ySs1WzLCXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3I_-Vof34Y

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That is freaking beautiful.
    Would love to see that blown up as a picture/poster for the wall.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    That is freaking beautiful.
    Would love to see that blown up as a picture/poster for the wall.
    Imagine it as a huge banner hanging down the side of a building at Comic-Con or something like that ... that'd be pretty sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Entertainment Weekly covers:

The Python's itching for some action.

Looking a bit older these days ... remember that fresh-faced little tyke in season one?

Subtle posing of the guns?

- - - Updated - - -

Lawrence Gilliard Jr, as new character Bob Stookey:

“…the TV version of Stookey is a former Army medic. But unlike the comic version, this Stookey does not hail from Woodbury. Instead, he is found by Daryl Dixon about a week before events pick up in season 4. ‘His backstory is not entirely the same as in the comic and the novel,’ explains new showrunner Scott M. Gimple. ‘I think he’s seen things go bad over and over, and winding up in this stable place doesn’t shake him from his experience. He struggles with that."
    And a new zombie photo:

Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Jul-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Fart boobs.

United States
    So excited! Those covers look great and that new zombie pic looks haunting.