Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

England
    SDCC Panel

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK

Just watched it twice right now (I was chomping on BBQ and downing Strongbow last night, otherwise I would have been in here like a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    wow, some of those walkers are damn creepy-looking....that female walker featured at 3:30 in the clip is eerie as hell.

i guess the good thing about the rescue of woodbury's citizens is now we've got loads of red shirts.

holding out hope that season 4 will be a nice bounce back after the lack-luster back half of season 3.
    To be fair, it was really only a handful of episodes that didn't measure up to the otherwise very high bar ... it was more complicated than just individual episodes, it was a slightly awkward pacing to the story being told. Although the one episode that was most affected was 3x14 ... but on the other hand we got 3x12 and 3x15 which were two of the best episodes of the entire season - heck, the entire show.

The walker that impressed me most above all others was the tree zombie - the one that seems to have melded in with the tree roots and was all mossy - THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

12 dead and 2 killed - so I guess we're opening the first episode with a big old slaughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    The Walkers look awesome!

And it looks like from the trailer Daryl is laying the pipe to Beth.
    Really? Carl ain't gonna be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Now that's more like Tyreese.

After a few more viewings, the trailer seems to indicate they are going to explore the more darker elements that happened in the comic when they first arrived at the prison. Will be some ballsy tv if they do.
    Yeah man, this is the Tyreese we know and love...

Comic spoiler about Tyreese's big moment, glimpsed in this trailer in a different location:

Not only are we going to see the butting of heads between Rick and Tyreese by the looks of things, we're also getting his big hero moment - in the comics he got trapped in the gym with loads of walkers and he was surely dead - but NO! - he'd fought all of them off with his almighty hammer ... I cannot wait to see that happen in the show!

I'll do a proper, full-on, screenshot-laden breakdown of the trailer this afternoon, but wow - it's lookin' good.

The bit with the kids and teaching them about knives ... I wonder if that'll cause any tabloid outrage over here in the UK where knives have historically been a big controversy (The Dark Knight, for instance, got some flack because of The Joker's fetishisation and use of knives). I wasn't offended by it, but I'm wondering if some on these shores will get tetchy about it ... it'll depend on context, although tabloid barking idiots don't give much of a stuff for context (let alone watching what they're complaining about), so we'll see ... hopefully there won't be any fuss.

Now to watch the panel discussion!

*EDIT*

Does anyone know what the first piece of music in the trailer is? The second is "Serpents" by Sharon Van Etten.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Jul-2013 at 10:06 AM.

United States
    Damn!!! Now the wait to October just got worse. Resupply missions, fortifying, teaching kids how to use blades......oh oh oh does this look one hell of a ride. A part of me really hopes someone grabs a box of twinkies at the grocery supply as homeage to Talahassee.

Super Moderator

UK
    I said I was gonna, and I did - here be my obsessively nerdy analysis of the season 4 trailer:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...comic-con.html

United States
    ^

i'm guessing they find a prosthetic for hershel....

Super Moderator

UK
    ^

i'm guessing they find a prosthetic for hershel....
    Yeah, I'd imagine so - looks better than just something they cobbled together themselves as he's got both boots on and everything. That'll make it easier for the CGI guys and they can get Hershel in the game a bit more rather than him being prison-bound so much (aside from a couple of excursions late in season 3).

United States
    the one thing that troubles me is how fast chandler riggs is growing. they're gonna have to find a new actor, ramp up the speed of the show, or kill carl off soon at this rate. i don't recall how long it's been since the outbreak began, but it's surely not been that long. they're gonna have to be making raids for razors for carl soon enough.

and i kinda doubt daryl and beth are hooking up, looks more like a sympathy or thank you hug to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    the one thing that troubles me is how fast chandler riggs is growing. they're gonna have to find a new actor, ramp up the speed of the show, or kill carl off soon at this rate. i don't recall how long it's been since the outbreak began, but it's surely not been that long. they're gonna have to be making raids for razors for carl soon enough.

and i kinda doubt daryl and beth are hooking up, looks more like a sympathy or thank you hug to me.
    Well this season is several months after season 3, which was the best part of a year after season 2 - so all-in, you could say that about 2 years has passed. I'd wager that these time jumps are to keep Riggs' growth realistic for the show. You've got to keep him around as he's such an important character, and in this day and age it doesn't really do to replace an actor mid-show for the same character, and because he's so important to the show (and indeed the comics) - the whole father & son in the post apocalypse dynamic - it'd be daft to just kill him off because he was growing up.

Andrew Lincoln did say, somewhat jokingly, in the panel that Riggs' voice has dropped a whole octave - so we'll see - he's definitely had a growth spurt, but the time-jump between seasons accounts for it. The kid was very young-looking for his age in season 1 and 2 ... but he also looks older in the trailer, to me, because of Carl's darker temperament now after shooting that boy in 3x16.

Also, aye, while Beth will now be 18 in the show (even though the actress is something like 28 in real life), it'd be weird to hook her up with Daryl - particularly as any romance in Daryl's life would be with Carol as they're kindred spirits in the show.

United States
    The Telltale Walking Dead game reference was pretty cool. It helps keep a nice connection between all three mediums.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The Telltale Walking Dead game reference was pretty cool. It helps keep a nice connection between all three mediums.
    Do you mean Macon on the map where Lee was from?
    The new main character Bob Stokie is also from the novels I believe.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Do you mean Macon on the map where Lee was from?
    The new main character Bob Stokie is also from the novels I believe.
    Yeah, Macon.

As for Bob...

Bob was originally from Woodbury and was white.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    @Moon:

Comic-Book related spoilers regarding Bob Stookey's time in the comics:

True, he was from Woodbury, but he joined after The Governor had taken over - as shown in the second novel - he was originally with Lilly Caul (who was the woman who shot Lori and Judith, and IIRC, The Governor afterwards, during the attack on the prison), and three others, and they rocked up at Woodbury after Martinez's raiding party found them at a big all-in-one shop (kinda like "Big Spot!" really).

True as well that he was an old white dude, so we'll see how that works out.

I was reading up on him last night via the Walking Dead wikia, and it reminded me that he had to stay and care for The Governor after Michonne left him for dead, as well as that his ultimate fate is unsure. He seemed to get lost in the chaos of battle somewhere, but we don't know his actual fate one way or the other.

It'll be interesting to see what they keep - I'm assuming they'll maintain the 'alcoholic ex-army medic' angle, as that is, after all, the essence of his character.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    @Moon:

Comic-Book related spoilers regarding Bob Stookey's time in the comics:

True, he was from Woodbury, but he joined after The Governor had taken over - as shown in the second novel - he was originally with Lilly Caul (who was the woman who shot Lori and Judith, and IIRC, The Governor afterwards, during the attack on the prison), and three others, and they rocked up at Woodbury after Martinez's raiding party found them at a big all-in-one shop (kinda like "Big Spot!" really).

True as well that he was an old white dude, so we'll see how that works out.

I was reading up on him last night via the Walking Dead wikia, and it reminded me that he had to stay and care for The Governor after Michonne left him for dead, as well as that his ultimate fate is unsure. He seemed to get lost in the chaos of battle somewhere, but we don't know his actual fate one way or the other.

It'll be interesting to see what they keep - I'm assuming they'll maintain the 'alcoholic ex-army medic' angle, as that is, after all, the essence of his character.
    Bingo, sounds about right!

I can't express how excited I am for season 4. I've seen that trailer multiple times and can't get enough.

Super Moderator

UK
    The Walking Dead Season 4 Interview with Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, and David Morrissey:
    http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...vid-morrissey/

The Walking Dead Season 4 Interview with Lauren Cohan, Steven Yeun, and Scott Wilson:
    http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...-scott-wilson/

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The Walking Dead Season 4 Interview with Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, and David Morrissey:
    http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...vid-morrissey/

The Walking Dead Season 4 Interview with Lauren Cohan, Steven Yeun, and Scott Wilson:
    http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...-scott-wilson/
    Has anyone got any idea what this "new threat" is?

My moneys on some sort of environmental threat like a reactor meltdown etc

MY HOME CINEMA