Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

Super Moderator

UK
    AMC shouldn't bother with these 'clips' - a farty few seconds here and there - particularly as this one, and a couple of other recent ones, are just the same shots used in the Comic-Con trailer. They do this sort of thing with all their shows, giving viewers like 7 seconds of just one shot ... it isn't enough, in the slightest, to get pumped over, so why bother, it just gets annoying in the end.

Anyway, we'll get to see Tyreese's big iconic moment in one of the early episodes as a result of this teaser clip (as-glimpsed in the Comic-Con trailer). Really though, I'd prefer a taster scene, or another trailer(s) that are more suggestive and highlight different aspects - e.g. a few choice glimpses at some walkers, a few shots of the characters in certain scenarios (spoiler free, naturally), and some landscape-type shots to give us a hint of some of the locations we might get to see ... they can still tease us with it, but it'd be a damn sight better than a few pissy little seconds of footage we've already seen.

United States
    ^

that hype-train ain't gonna drive itself, sonny....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

that hype-train ain't gonna drive itself, sonny....
    Yeah, but at the same time, I want something new and I don't want some pissy little sliver that I've already seen - like I said, a brief little scene (a couple of minutes worth), or mini-trailer covering different aspects, would be far better than a 16 second video, half of which is text, featuring a handful of shots from the Comic-Con trailer.

And how many pictures of Michonne on a horse are they going to put out there? I know, it's cool, but I don't need to see the same moment from three different angles.

Just a little gripe, a mini fan-rant.

Super Moderator

UK

Administrator

England
    ^^ Not allowed to watch it (in UK)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Not allowed to watch it (in UK)
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Scotland
    Thanks for that Kidgloves.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    I do wish AMC wouldn't do that 'only in America' bullshit on their videos - for one they'd get more views from around the world (people just rip off their videos and make them global), and seeing as it airs in a bunch of places very close to the American airing, it just seems pointless of AMC to region block them.

England
    Extended preview here with lots of potential spoilers

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/the...-extended.html

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Extended preview here with lots of potential spoilers

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/the...-extended.html
    I wouldn't say spoilers per se, but yeah, like a preview with some talking heads explaining a few things about the direction and the set-up, and some more footage. Now this is what I was talking about recently - nevermind 8 second snippets of previously-seen footage, this gives us a taste of something new, without giving anything major away.

We got a good glimpse at Hershel's fake leg, saw some more of the kids in the group, a little bit more of the farming and the mini world they've established, but also some more of their problems with reinforcing the outer fence.

I've almost finished off Season 1 again, and will be onto Season 2 by tomorrow, in my re-viewing of all that's come before in advance of season 4. Good stuff.

United States

In case anyone missed this interesting news.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    @Moon - aye, I saw that news - cool. I wonder if it means other characters connected to that character will turn up? We'll see, eh.

29 Preview Images (presumably just from 4x01):
    http://dailydead.com/29-photos-walking-dead-season-4/

Some choice glimpses:

Face-to-face with a shedload of walkers up against a buckling fence? That'd shit me up good and proper!

^^^
    Someone's growing up!

^^^
    Good to see that the prison will feel homely in season 4 ... make them feel established, what with their farm and such.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 26-Sep-2013 at 05:47 PM.

England
    Those photos just feel more like the comic. Lets hope it translates well into the tone of season 4 as well.
    The one of Hershel alone in his cell is outstanding.
    Even though Tyreese is my favourite character from the comics, I think Hershel is my favorite from the show

This one looks just like the Wild West

Last edited by kidgloves; 26-Sep-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: hj

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, I'm really interested to see the effect of Gimple's control over the show now - he's said before that he's been getting more content from the comics into the show (albeit, in some cases, with different characters in the same scenario, in a slightly different way, due to the different paths of comic/show), so it'll be nice to get some of the great moments from the comics back into the show. Season 3 went a little bit wide of the path, but at the same time I think it kind of needed to - as a show evolves, you're always going to have to rediscover your footing. If a show never changes then you can happily stand firm, but you'll end up with the umpteenth iteration of CSI or something formulaic like that ... the second half of season 3 was inconsistent (3x14 was a low point), but it also had some great episodes like 3x12 and 3x15, both by Gimple.

I'm getting quite excited to see how he steers the good ship TWD - I'm expecting good things, and I'm confident the man can deliver. His writing on the show has been consistently excellent.

Seeing them settled in the prison, farming the land, Tyreese vs Rick etc, gets my TWD comic fan juices flowing - and raiding stores for supplies appeals to the survivalist aspects we enjoy in our zombie apocalypse fantasies.

*EDIT*

Webisodes confirmed:
    http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-ne...des-announced/

We’ll get three new webisodes next week, starring Ashley Bell, Wyatt Russell, and Ellen Greene:

“AMC’s award-winning “The Walking Dead” webisode series returns to www.amc.com and AMC’s YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/amc October 1 with three new installments. The newest series – “The Oath” – was executive produced, directed and conceived by Greg Nicotero, executive producer, director and special effects makeup designer on the hit show.

In the three webisodes (7 to 10 minutes each), the lone survivors of a massive walker-attack, Paul (Wyatt Russell, Cowboys and Aliens) and Karina (Ashley Bell, The Last Exorcism), speed across the countryside, frantically searching for an aid-station, as one of them slowly bleeds out from a wound. Finally coming upon a hospital that has not been overrun, at first feels like a blessing, but could soon turn to misfortune, as a seemingly benevolent doctor (Ellen Greene, Little Shop of Horrors) may hide a darker agenda.

Right on the heels of directing season 4’s premiere episode, Greg Nicotero focused his sights on the most ambitious “The Walking Dead” webisode series yet. “There’s walkers, gore and new threats lurking around every turn — all the elements that fans ‘The Walking Dead’ will love!”

Nicotero further commented, “The webisodes give us a unique opportunity to see other parts of the ravaged world of ‘The Walking Dead’ while weaving in and out of our show. The crossover between ‘The Oath’ and ‘The Walking Dead’ ties in one of the most iconic images from the series, and gives us insights and history to yet another timeline. I had worked with Ashley on The Last Exorcism and brought in Wyatt and Ellen, who rounded out the brilliant cast perfectly.”

“‘The Walking Dead’ audience is passionate and enthusiastically interacts with the show and other fans online. Being able to develop new ways for them to experience the world of ‘The Walking Dead,’ like these webisodes, is a no-brainer,” said Mac McKean, senior vice president, digital media, AMC. “They tell a great story with high production values, and they perfectly complement AMC’s extremely popular ‘The Walking Dead’ digital experiences — games, second screen experiences and interactive content.”
    I'm half-wondering if the hospital is the hospital from 1x01, and the timeline of this is at the start of it all...

Something else to look forward to.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Sep-2013 at 10:13 AM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, I'm really interested to see the effect of Gimple's control over the show now - he's said before that he's been getting more content from the comics into the show (albeit, in some cases, with different characters in the same scenario, in a slightly different way, due to the different paths of comic/show), so it'll be nice to get some of the great moments from the comics back into the show. Season 3 went a little bit wide of the path, but at the same time I think it kind of needed to - as a show evolves, you're always going to have to rediscover your footing. If a show never changes then you can happily stand firm, but you'll end up with the umpteenth iteration of CSI or something formulaic like that ... the second half of season 3 was inconsistent (3x14 was a low point), but it also had some great episodes like 3x12 and 3x15, both by Gimple.

I'm getting quite excited to see how he steers the good ship TWD - I'm expecting good things, and I'm confident the man can deliver. His writing on the show has been consistently excellent.

Seeing them settled in the prison, farming the land, Tyreese vs Rick etc, gets my TWD comic fan juices flowing - and raiding stores for supplies appeals to the survivalist aspects we enjoy in our zombie apocalypse fantasies.

*EDIT*

Webisodes confirmed:
    http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-ne...des-announced/

I'm half-wondering if the hospital is the hospital from 1x01, and the timeline of this is at the start of it all...

Something else to look forward to.
    Agree with you about Gimple and "Prey". Prey was absolutely terrible like a, budget restricted, late in the season, bad episode of The X Files.
    Also agree with you about the hospital although Im a little confused by "Iconic image from the comic". Wonder what that is? The pilot was very close to the comic so we've surely seen all the iconic images from the comic as Rick discovers the new world including the hospital.
    Hmmmmmm.

MY HOME CINEMA