Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Im a little confused by "Iconic image from the comic". Wonder what that is?
    Hmmmmmm.
    I wonder if they mean the "Don't Open Dead Inside" (or "Don't Dead Open Inside", as I like to call it ) sign - as in, we get to see the events that lead up to that room being filled with walkers and being locked off and the text painted on? That'd be kinda neat.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I wonder if they mean the "Don't Open Dead Inside" (or "Don't Dead Open Inside", as I like to call it ) sign - as in, we get to see the events that lead up to that room being filled with walkers and being locked off and the text painted on? That'd be kinda neat.

Gotcha
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Episode titles and very brief synopses for the first four episodes (no actual spoilers, but tagged just in case anyone want's to go in totally cold).

Episode 4.01: “30 Days Without an Accident” - The group lives an ideal life at the prison, and strives to hold onto humanity.

Episode 4.02: “Infected” – The group faces a new enemy; Rick and the others fight to protect their hard-won livelihood.

Episode 4.03: “Isolation” - A group leaves the prison to search for supplies; the remaining members of the group deal with recent losses.

Episode 4.04: “Indifference” - The supply mission faces hurdles; the situation at the prison worsens.

- - - Updated - - -

Another promo video - via AMC, so region blocked, unless you know the magic word:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knwy0O_0QBI

England
    First (very vague) review of episodes 1 & 2

http://variety.com/2013/tv/reviews/t...mc-1200672046/

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Region-locked preview of the new webisodes - which kick off today, October 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeulNuSo0xc

Get a region unblocker thingymajig on your browser and keep an eye on the AMC YouTube channel to see the webisodes, although I'm sure another channel will rip the vids and post them unblocked for everyone to see (which, again, makes me wonder just why on earth AMC insist on region locking their vids?!)

Administrator

England
    ^^ Looks promising!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Parts 1-3 are up. Not sure if thats all of it or what

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Parts 1-3 are up. Not sure if thats all of it or what
    Yep, a three-parter this year.

Super Moderator

UK
    A brief Latin American trailer for 4x01 - including new, unseen footage of the raid on the "Big Spot!" store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbUNX8TbBHs

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OcrYjajMY

Region-locked preview scene from the season 4 premiere featuring farmer Rick. Good to see music still has a place in this world. Nice touch on the audio.

^^^
    Also Region-locked, unless you've got a proxy add-on for your browser.

Also: The Idiot's Guide to The Walking Dead:

^^^
    Anyone can watch that, but it's nothing we folks don't already know - just a run down of what happens in all three seasons up to this point.

- - - Updated - - -

An interview with Norman Reedus on Daryl in Season 4:
    http://dailydead.com/norman-reedus-i...dead-season-4/

Some choice cuts:
    Can you tell our readers about where Daryl is at the start of Season 4? To some of the new survivors that have moved into the prison, Daryl and some of the original group are these larger than life figures.

Norman Reedus: He’s definitely a different guy than he was at the beginning of the show. They pitched to me more of a leadership role this season and it kind of took me a minute to swallow that because he’s not Rick and he doesn’t want to be Rick. He’s does what he does to keep the camp safe, but he’s not that guy. He always has Rick’s back, because Rick is the brother that Merle wasn’t in many ways. He’s a leader like that. He’s sort of a soldier and he doesn’t want the attention of people.

In the first season, Daryl didn’t want to look you in the face and he was kind of ashamed of who he was and assumed everyone looked down on him. In this season, Daryl says everything to your face and means everything he says. There’s a level of confidence he’s gained and he found his sense of self worth through these people.
    Fans are waiting to see what happens with Carol and Daryl’s relationship, and there are a few interesting moments between them in the first two episodes. Can you give our readers a little tease of their relationship in Season 4? Do you think it’s possible for them to have a real romantic relationship in this zombie-infested world?

Norman Reedus: It’s definitely possible, but I can’t tell you whether it does or doesn’t happen. Their characters are similar in some ways and they really care for each other. Damaged people gravitate to damaged people and there’s definitely that element to it. Having lost so much, they’ve become fighters on the other end. I like playing these awkward moments in between that build relationships. I don’t ever want to play that character that grabs the girl and has my way with her. That’s just not who that character is. If Daryl falls in love with you, he’s going to love you for the rest of his life.
    To wrap things up, can you give our readers a little tease of what’s ahead?

Norman Reedus: This season is different. It has everything the first three seasons has, but it breaths a little differently. You really get to see why some characters stand up and fight and why others crumble. You really get to know them and it’s a heart-wrenching, gut-wrenching, and terrifying season. I can’t wait ‘til people see what’s next. It keeps getting crazier and crazier.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Oct-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Interview with Andrew Lincoln:

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-walki...ndrew-lincoln/

Choice cuts:

There’s a lot for fans of The Walking Dead to get excited for in the upcoming season, based on what I’ve seen in the first two episodes. What excites you about this season and how is it different from the past three?

Andrew Lincoln: The scripts, storytelling, and character development for this season have been astonishing. And just wait because it builds and builds in very different and unique ways.

They have character pushing drama in all aspects this season. I think we’re bringing back the scares as well. Last season was thrilling because it was an action-packed rollercoaster ride, but it’s almost like they’re making it much more of a psychological thriller and horror show. Don’t get me wrong… I think this mid-season finale is the biggest and bravest episode we’ve ever done, so we’re not without the action sequences.

I’ve always been of the opinion that repetition is death. We’re doing something so crazy anyway… why don’t we keep trying to push and reinvent it? We have a responsibility to the people on the other side of the camera to tell the story that you guys deserve. There are two episodes this season that I think are the best episodes we’ve ever had and I’m not in either of them.
    Last year, you mentioned that you were going to try to catch up on The Walking Dead comic book series. Were you able to read any of it?

Andrew Lincoln: I absolutely did! Robert Kirkman kept to his word and sent me a very heavy bundle of books. I read to a certain point that I felt was apt this season. I’m really pleased as well, because there’s one book in particular, and I won’t say much about it, but the hardcore fanbase is going to be thrilled to see one particular episode this season.

It’s an incredible thing and I love what you said about the pacing of the first two episodes, because the book is like that. [*Note: We discussed the first two episodes before the interview technically started, but it has been omitted to avoid spoilers] It was great to return to it because it’s slow and seeps in, and it’s terribly shocking. I love the rhythm of the book. Robert has done a tremendous job of exploring these new characters and having the shockingly terrible bursts. I like the balance of the book and no wonder it’s been so successful. That man has an incredibly twisted imagination…

Gale Anne Hurd mentioned that Chandler Riggs has been fantastic this season to the point that he would be able to carry his own episode. What has your experience been like with him this season? How is it to watch him growing up as an actor and a person year to year?

Andrew Lincoln: It’s been one of my great joys. I love that man and we struck gold with him. You can never guarantee what you’re going to get with young actors. He’s such a polite and well brought up young man. He’s very respectful and he works really, really hard. He’s also very funny and much more grown up than I am, believe it or not. I think this is going to be the breakout season for him. Chandler is doing some wonderful work. I don’t’ want to give too much away, but there’s an episode where he’s going to blow everyone’s minds and it was a thrill to see him. For me, this season is really about a boy becoming a man and the father accepting that. It’s a beautiful story and the zombie apocalypse adds a little spice to the mix.
    Sounds good to me!

England
    Tick tock tick tock

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Tick tock tick tock
    hehe, I'm getting quite fidgetty waiting for it now. My re-watch marathon is complete and I'm pretty darn excited.

Also - CASTING NEWS!

We've got Rosita, we've got Eugene, and we've got Abraham!

http://dailydead.com/major-casting-n...dead-season-4/

Abraham

Eugene

Rosita

So we've got a set-pic for Abraham (replete with his trade mark tash and buzz cut - good), and we know that they've got the first eight done/about done at this point - in the interview with Lincoln that I posted yesterday he spoke of the mid-season finale very vaguely ... so might we be introduced to these characters in 4x08 in a similar time frame to Tyreese & Co? That's what I'm reckoning so we get a good few episodes to really get into the meat of Tyreese, as well as newly introduced folks like Bob.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Oct-2013 at 10:35 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The two clips from NYCC. Bootleg, but still decent enough quality. The endings to these two are quite interesting. Especially the MASSIVE shot at the end of the second...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-3Ll811vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwytQo5S878

Super Moderator

UK
    I was about to watch these clips yesterday ... but then decided against it ... too much noise, poor quality etc ... plus I don't want to watch too many clips out of context now that the episodes are airing. I'm assuming that the second clip is from episode 2 ... maybe 3.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    So abraham is now a fatass? He looks like he's off the set of trailer park boys. I always got the impression from the comics that he was a pretty hardcore former soldier. Like kris kristofferson in Blade but more jacked up. Maybe he'll pull it off but I would have thought they'd cast somebody a bit more BAMF looking.
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 14-Oct-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling