Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

Super Moderator

UK

Season 4 Official Preview Images, Clips, and Interviews...

Use this thread to post all the various officially released images and trailers for the up-coming fourth season of TWD.

Filming's underway in Georgia on Season 4, and the first image has been released:

United States
    Zombie Lori behind you, Rick!!!
    Don't try to hunch it.

Super Moderator

UK
    The exec producers talk a bit about gearing up for the season 4 premiere, and why those chose Greg Nicotero to direct the first episode of the new season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR5pGDwql5Q

Note: Region-locked to the USA (unless you've got a workaround on your browser of choice).

Administrator

England
    ^^ What have his previous episodes been like? I don't recall being blown away TBH?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ What have his previous episodes been like? I don't recall being blown away TBH?
    He has directed 2x11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner" (written by Angela Kang), which was a rather good episode where they try to decide the fate of Randal, 3x05 "Say the Word" (written by Angela Kang), which had a few issues with translating information to the viewer (due to an overlong script that required editing down in post to fit AMC's time slot), but which was otherwise interesting as Rick goes barmy with the fallout of 3x04's epicness ... 3x11 "I Ain't a Judas" (written by Angela Kang) was the one where Tyreese & Co end up at Woodbury and Andrea meets up with Team Prison for the first time since they got split up, and then 3x15 "This Sorrowful Life" (written by Scott M. Gimple) was - in my view - Nicotero's best episode as Director where it was all about Merle's arc.

He also directed the two webisode series - and the short film "The United Monater Talent Agency", which was great.

His direction has improved from one episode to the next, working out little things to tweak and improve along the way - 3x15 was a real coming-together of all his prior experience, and featured much more action than he'd done in previous episodes (the three written by Kang were generally more talky, than actiony), but 3x15 (by Gimple) was a really good mix of character stuff and action.

I was just assuming it'd be Ernest Dickerson again, but perhaps he has other commitments or is doing other episodes. I'd like to see Michelle MacLaren come back - I think the reason she wasn't involved in season 3 was that she was heavily involved in Breaking Bad of late, as a Director, but also more specifically as an Exec Producer. With 4x01 being written by Gimple, I'm expecting good things.

England
    Great news. The more Greg gets integrated into the whole process the better.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Great news. The more Greg gets integrated into the whole process the better.
    He's pretty well entrenched now, isn't he? It's good because he's kind of like one of the key guardians of what the show is (along with Hurd, and the actors) - involved since the beginning/for a very long time, and are right there in the biggest decisions. I'm also pleased that Gimple is taking over as show runner - hopefully we'll have him in-place for longer than a ruddy season, mind!

Scotland
    Gimple and Nicotero is an explosive mix for the premiere, I'm sure they want disappoint. IMO Gimple wrote the two strongest episodes of last season, "Clear" and "This sorrowful Life", with Nicotero directing the latter. They clearly know what beats to hit to produce an emotional K.O. from a "zombie turn scene". The conclusion to "This Sorrowful Life" was fantastic (not to mention the performances by Rooker and Reedus. Simply great stuff. I hope Gimple is around for a while too.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 09-Jun-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: edit
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    He's pretty well entrenched now, isn't he? It's good because he's kind of like one of the key guardians of what the show is (along with Hurd, and the actors) - involved since the beginning/for a very long time, and are right there in the biggest decisions. I'm also pleased that Gimple is taking over as show runner - hopefully we'll have him in-place for longer than a ruddy season, mind!
    Indeed. I get the impression this is Greg's priority nowadays. He's obviously very successful so its now time for him to indulge himself and at the same time protect the shamblers standing in the genre.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Indeed. I get the impression this is Greg's priority nowadays. He's obviously very successful so its now time for him to indulge himself and at the same time protect the shamblers standing in the genre.
    Aye, very much like his baby - he's always attending the Q&A panels as well, so he's very much involved.

Super Moderator

UK
    Greg Nicotero interview via AMC:
    http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...rview.php#more

He talks about directing the first episode of season 4 etc.

United States

In that interview he kind of gave away someone is getting bitten. Perhaps a Woodbury extra or a main character? We shall see.

Can't wait!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's the new season 4 poster.

Scotland
    Love Michonne, looking all "shoguny".
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    Love Michonne, looking all "shoguny".
    Some cool iconography there - Tyreese enjoying some hammer time, Michonne being badass on a horse, Daryl's new crossbow, and classic Rick with that awesome Python.

We should have a trailer for the new season in a few weeks when Comic-Con gets underway ... speaking of which, here's info on the 2013 TWD panel:

http://dailydead.com/comic-con-2013-...lly-announced/