Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New book on Day of the Dead

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    But I cover this a little more in depth in the book!
    Ooooh you big tease
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I just spoke with the publisher and apparently the book will also be available as an ebook for Ipad, Kindle, and the Kindle app too.

Administrator

England
    ^^ How will the pictures work on a Kindle etc?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That'll be best suited to the fancier Kindles (like the Kindle Fire, or similar devices/tablets/etc), otherwise on older versions they'd be in black and white I'd have thought?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Jul-2014 at 04:47 PM.

United States
    That's a good question and I have no idea, to be honest. The publisher told me that this will be the first ones they've done. Her exact quote was that in the past they looked "ghastly" as ebooks, but with newer technology they look better now. I guess we'll see.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Pre-ordered.

England
    Ordered as well.
    Good stuff Lee. Hope it does well for you mate.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support a great deal.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support a great deal.
    I'm in too. Looks to be an interesting read.

Btw- how have you been, Lee?
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Jul-2014 at 03:00 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I'm in too. Looks to be an interesting read.

Btw- how have you been, Lee?
    Thank you, Mike. I'm doing good(as far as I know that is). I've been spending the last 4+ years shepherding this book to publication. I've learned quite a bit about what it takes to actually create a book and how difficult it can be at times. It's been quite an education.

How about you?

Administrator

England
    Hey... I should be getting a certain book delivered this month... Hmmm... What could it be?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Hey... I should be getting a certain book delivered this month... Hmmm... What could it be?
    Your copy of "50 shades of grey"?

Administrator

England
    Your copy of "50 shades of grey"?
    Only so I can give you yours back of course. TBH, I didn't like the rather odd state it was in when you sent it to me!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Only so I can give you yours back of course. TBH, I didn't like the rather odd state it was in when you sent it to me!
    I apologize for that. I can get carried away.

Administrator

England
    Email from Amazon:-

"Lee Karr The Making of George A. Romero's Day of the Dead (Making of the Film)"
    Estimated arrival date: August 23 2014 - August 30 2014
    -Carl Sagan