Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Les Revenants (TV series) - French supernatural drama series (aka "The Returned")

United States
    Perhaps somebody else said, and I missed it. I'm pretty certain that this is a TV series version of a 2004 film. saw the film on dvd awhile back; very atmospheric but no outright "Horror" elements.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I've heard about that. Read a review of it on DVDTimes and they said that it was alright - good in some regards, bad in others - but that the TV series is far superior to it. As such I won't bother watching the movie (although I saw a couple of faces that are familiar from the show, in that trailer). The show is absolutely excellent, so I wouldn't want to affect my enjoyment of it by seeing an inferior version of the material, you know?

Really looking forward to series 2.

Undisclosed
    The film was one of the more interesting "zombie" films....ever. What happens if your loved one comes back and is half ass normal and wants their old bedroom and job back? No idea what the tv series did with it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    The film was one of the more interesting "zombie" films....ever. What happens if your loved one comes back and is half ass normal and wants their old bedroom and job back? No idea what the tv series did with it.
    When you talk about a film, are you referring to this? - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378661/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    Crappingbear, is that you? What a sight for old eyes...

Anyway - the TV show was excellent. I've not seen the original movie version of it, but I've read that by comparison the TV show is much better and gets far more into the characters and the possibilities of the situation. I absolutely loved the TV show - if you can, you should definitely check it out.

Woo, Revenants!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Crappingbear, is that you? What a sight for old eyes...

Anyway - the TV show was excellent. I've not seen the original movie version of it, but I've read that by comparison the TV show is much better and gets far more into the characters and the possibilities of the situation. I absolutely loved the TV show - if you can, you should definitely check it out.

Woo, Revenants!
    I found the series just a too slow/pondering... After about 3 episodes my interest waned
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I found the series just a too slow/pondering... After about 3 episodes my interest waned
    Strange ... I always found the mystery was constantly evolving with little riddles solved at a regular pace, with larger mysteries clarified further without receiving an overall answer. I loved the vibe of the whole show, too.

Scotland
    Finally watched the last 2 episodes of the season. The intrigue and storytelling pace certainly floundered in episode 7, however the final episode thankfully regained the show's footing. The horde of revenants descending on the Helping Hand followed by the stand-off and mysterious conclusion will hold my interest for season 2. Great show!
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    Finally watched the last 2 episodes of the season. The intrigue and storytelling pace certainly floundered in episode 7, however the final episode thankfully regained the show's footing. The horde of revenants descending on the Helping Hand followed by the stand-off and mysterious conclusion will hold my interest for season 2. Great show!
    Agreed on all counts - episode 7 definitely did droop somewhat ... I think there wasn't quite enough for them to do in that episode, particularly considering that the finale was in the next episode, so they wouldn't have wanted to sap any juice from the eighth episode, but still, #7 was a tad soft by comparison.

Crackin' telly all-round though.