Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E3 2013

Undisclosed
    Sony took jabs at MS tonight and the crowd ate it up. And with the P$4 $100 less than XboxNone, I see Sony winning huge in first round of the next gen wars. This reminds me of Saturn vs Playstation all over, again.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Edit: Seems they are imposing a Ps+ subscription to anyone whio wants to play online. Hmmm...
    That's their version of XBox Live?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    ^^

I guess so. Your subscription apparently works across their three platforms (PS3 + PS4 + Vita), you get a lot of free content but the subscription is mandatory to play online.
    Not a fan of this policy to be honest. After years of spiting microsoft for xbox gold and all that (pretty much justified) sarcasm concerning DRM at their E3 conference you'd expect them to keep this news under the radar. Sneaky sony.
    Last edited by krisvds; 11-Jun-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    no need for any online ever.
    If MS don't change their tune, or my Internet set up doesn't change (unlikely to), I think Sony will likely be getting my money in due course. *sarcastically slow claps MS*

*edit*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiYAbaJY1w

Take that MS.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Jun-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Administrator

England
    ^^ lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Hmm... Microsoft seem to be having a Battle of Yonkers style E3 this year!

Super Moderator

UK
    And here's the video of them saying 'no online required and feel free to trade games' - the moment a sea change occurred?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU

Administrator

England
    I think a couple of people in the audience were a little bit pleased by some of that news...

Sony basically just bent M$ over a table and b*tt f***ed them
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    There's also this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...be-region-free

Region free PS4. Might not mean much to anyone but fans of japanese games that don't get localised but still ...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    There's also this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...be-region-free

Region free PS4. Might not mean much to anyone but fans of japanese games that don't get localised but still ...
    M$ must be double face palming by now!

-Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just caught up with Nintendo's. Some good stuff like Bayonetta 2 and a new Smash bros, but honestly i was surprised by the lack of new mario and zelda titles considering how long the console has been out. Still its great to see Megaman alive and kicking and Bayonetta is the sort of thing that can sell me the Wii U, its just kind of a bummer that they really didn't have much new stuff to show and instead relied on fan service announcements like smash bros character trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Some trailers

Super Smash Bros.

Mad Max

Halo 5

The Order, 1886

Bayonetta 2

Final Fantasy 15

Quantum Break

Destiny

Byeond: Two Souls

PS4 Indie Games Showcase

Pokemon X and Y

Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warefare

Last edited by Danny; 11-Jun-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: dzdzdfzdf

Undisclosed
    You forgot this one for people who like anime/JRPG's. It's another wii u exclusive and is quite the looker.

That's all in game they say. Pretty astonishing.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Well despite the crap ports, Wii U does have a decent unhindered CPU, a GPU two generations ahead of 360 and 1GB of RAM dedicated to visuals.
    It's been argued they could do a decentish Ryse and Dead Rising 3 with optimization on the platform.
    Did you see Mario Kart 8?

I admire Nintendo's honesty with these trailers they shown mostly in game footage. Heck during Microsofts Dead Rising 3 presentation I heard the windows chime suggesting he was playing it on a PC.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    I admire Nintendo's honesty with these trailers they shown mostly in game footage. Heck during Microsofts Dead Rising 3 presentation I heard the windows chime suggesting he was playing it on a PC.
    Yeah most of microsofts were running on a pc version of the games, you could see the "backspace" style key prompts in the ui, this seems to suggest the rumours of the console being being might be up to speed. Which naturally meant sony and nintendos conferences had things like slowdown and such because those were the in development console versions.

I'd say after looking it all over all 3 offered some interesting titles, but its really the multiplatform ones that have taken the crown so to speak for this years E3. Which honestly is what i prefer, regardless of plastic box under your tv being able to play a game regardless is usually a good way to see a series stay alive.