Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 3 announced (Xbox One)

United States

Dead Rising 3 announced (Xbox One)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlm-1dmB2gc

Looks like that leak from a while back. Open world, playing as a mechanic, etc.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 10-Jun-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: derp

UK
    Okay, that looks great, awesome in fact, hopefully it's just a timed exclusive and not totally exclusive like the first one. DR1 was the reason I got a 360 rather than a PS3, but with all the grief surrounding XBone I'm not sure that even the almighty lure of an open world DR3 playground could entice me into all that always online play-what-we-want-you-to-play-when-we-want-you-to-play-it-1984-DRM asscrack...

United States
    more dead rising? meh....only on xbox one? double meh....not even interested, regardless of what they've added or improved.

think i'll just stick with state of decay for now.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Jun-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: fuck the xbox one

Super Moderator

UK
    That looks much better than DR2, which was just DR1 with a few tweaks ... hopefully it won't be an MS exclusive, but who knows?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Eh, looks very brown and generic. I liked dead rising for its quirk and charm. This seems, thematically at least, to be taking itself a little too seriously. Also, 3 games in? STILL no co-op campaign? in a sandbox city? gotta be honest its not really what i want from the direction of the series. Based purely on what they showed.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I liked dead rising for its quirk and charm.
    Don't worry - it's still there, it seems that they just haven't got around to showing it yet:

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/dead-risin...mmock-6409761/

Super Moderator

UK
    However, the boldest change of all is probably the fact that Capcom Vancouver has done away with countdown clock on the default play setting, giving players the opportunity to goof around within the overall sandbox without the stress of a deadline looming over them. But in a nod to those Dead Rising purists who would prefer to have a countdown clock urging them forward, that's available as an alternate play mode they can choose to enable if they're up to the task.
    Finally! Player choice. You can have the clock if you want, or you can remove it and just play around with the game - I never played the story modes (mostly because I was too shit at the story missions to survive and complete them), so I just ran around and caused havoc on my own. It sounds like D3 would be more suited to my play style - as well as purists - but, like I said, this time there's a choice in how you play.

Now if only the 'Xbone' wasn't a walking PR disaster shackled by a mountain of DRM and intrusive rules which must be obeyed. It's amazing that MS have blundered forth - it seems to obvious what not to do, and yet they did it anyway. But that's for another thread, so I won't derail this one.

United States
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2G4YVZZpU

This is looking much better than the E3 presentation. More like the Dead Rising we know and love, but with far more carnage.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 20-Jul-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: deerrrp

United States
    so....no frank west, huh? wonder how long it'll be till crapcom decides to "give the fans what they want" (or whatever excuse they come up with) and re-release this with frank as the protagonist....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    so....no frank west, huh? wonder how long it'll be till crapcom decides to "give the fans what they want" (or whatever excuse they come up with) and re-release this with frank as the protagonist....
    Yeah, that was a dick-move with DR2.

No doubt this trailer is going some way to distance themselves from being perceived the wrong way - it's all silly fun in this video - as opposed to the large scale, but serious-and-brown-looking E3 presentation.

UK
    Pretty nice CG trailer... hope to hell this thing ends up as a multi-platform title!

Super Moderator

UK
    Rancid - I'm pretty sure that MS' 'exclusive' on this is just for a limited time ... I think I read/heard that the other day somewhere. I doubt Capcom would want to limit their income stream to just one console on this particular title.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Microsoft are publishing it, no dice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Seems nice! I haven't played any of the other DR, but this looks like right up my alley.

Haven't figured out if I want the Xbox One or not. I think yeah, but I do so much gaming on my PC that it wouldn't be good for me if I got yet another console.

Super Moderator

UK
    They're at it again.

http://dailydead.com/dead-rising-3-d...ion-announced/

Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition:

“‘Dead Rising’ Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.

Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.

Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.”

I wonder if they'll do what they did with DR2 again and remake it with Frank West to try and dip their cheeky wicks into folks' wallets a second time?

It kind of makes you wonder if they don't have much faith in their new character.