Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Rising 3 announced (Xbox One)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    knowing modern crapcom i am absolutely without doubt expecting a frank west version "for the fans" to be shat out 6 months after release so they can once again sell the same game at launch pricing.

UK
    Looks like the reviews are starting to come in:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ising-3-review - 7/10

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/18/...3-video-review - 8.2 - or 8.3 (browser crashed, not too sure!)

Super Moderator

UK
    IGN was an 8.3 - I watched the review yesterday.

Still some of the same problems (NPCs getting in your way, for instance, but at least they're more independent than before), and that finding your way around the map can be a problem. I still hate that weapons break too easily by the looks of things, yeah, sure, they want to get you using various stuff, but at the same time when you've got a sweet-arse weapon you want to actually use it for a good time. I've always hated the quick-to-break weapons - it almost makes building new ones pointless as they'll be broken in a two minutes anyway.

Lots of zombies on-screen, but yeah, the tone does look confused. I've never been at all fussed by the stories in DR games - they never feel sincere, and the mixture of the open world lunacy with 'serious' storytelling never works properly, so it all comes off as silly. I've enjoyed DR 1 and 2, but I only played them as open world zombie slaughter fests, just running around killing zeds and ranking up. I was always shit at doing the missions and was never able to get very far at all in the story mode (and yet I always complete GTA games and the like).

It's funny when commentators are disappointed at the graphics - going into a next gen at first doesn't yield great results. It just adds a couple of new effects and that's it - look at Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on Xbox360, one of the earliest titles (a launch title?) and it looks really plain. Compare that to, for instance, GTA V, and there's a massive difference ... therefore you're not going to see a big difference in DR3 beyond a few effects and some computing power (i.e. many more zombies on-screen).

Seeing the IGN review (getting to see the game in action), I didn't have any particular interest in playing the game.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Nov-2013 at 10:03 AM.

England
    The reviews i've seen for DR3 absolutely panned it. Boring, no interesting story and the only thing left is mindless killing.
    The only positive seems to be the number of zombies on screen and no load times.
    Not interested personally.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The reviews i've seen for DR3 absolutely panned it. Boring, no interesting story and the only thing left is mindless killing.
    The only positive seems to be the number of zombies on screen and no load times.
    Not interested personally.
    I'm not seeing any reviews "panning" it. DR3 is currently sitting at 78 on Metacritic, which is higher than any of PS4's AAA exclusives. It seems like a solid 8/10 title, and I can't wait to download it on Friday.

Will post impressions.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I'm not seeing any reviews "panning" it. DR3 is currently sitting at 78 on Metacritic, which is higher than any of PS4's AAA exclusives. It seems like a solid 8/10 title, and I can't wait to download it on Friday.

Will post impressions.

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamn limit on videos is ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3H4jW2NEs

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    Bit of a bump, but a welcome one: Dead Rising 3 announced for PC!

PC gamers will be able to experience the hordes of horror at high PC resolutions, upgraded textures on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/06/05...e-this-summer/

Looking forward to this at long last!

England
    Well. I've caved in and bought an Xbox one. After playing the demo for DR3 I've realised I actually quite like slaughtering hordes of zombies so I've managed to pick it up for £19.30 after company discount and some vouchers.
    I pick it up tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Bloody ridiculous. 16gb update before I can play the game. Its gonna take a couple days to download it at the rate its going and that's with an open nat, 120mb speed and connected to my router via 5ghz band.
    Pathetic MS. Pathetic

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Bloody ridiculous. 16gb update before I can play the game. Its gonna take a couple days to download it at the rate its going and that's with an open nat, 120mb speed and connected to my router via 5ghz band.
    Pathetic MS. Pathetic
    That does sound a rather poor update system? Surely there isn't 16gb of changes?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That does sound a rather poor update system? Surely there isn't 16gb of changes?
    Apparently its game tweaks and preparation for the DLC. It has let me start the game at 44% of the update but that's still 4 hours after starting the process.
    The game itself is excellent so far though. Very impressed. Surprisingly sinister atmosphere and the behaviour of the zombies is fantastic. They get really riled up.
    The intro/training mission is well put together as well.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    I'm absolutely loving this game. The way kinnect and smartglass interact with the game is genius and surprisingly immersive.

MY HOME CINEMA