Thread: Anyone else play Tomb Raider?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Anyone else play Tomb Raider?

So E3 discussion aside for a minute did anyone else get the new Tomb Raider square enix put out?

I traded my bioshck infinite to a friend for it for a few weeks so we could try each others and i'm currently on my second playthrough on the hardest difficulty and i gotta say i really dug it. Did anyone else play it though? i heard no buzz about this and it seems mostly forgotten.

Personally i loved the new take on Lara, the levels were gorgeous and the replacement of the twin handguns with infinite ammo for a scavenged bow and what little arrows i could find was a completely improved TR experience.

Now i did think there was far too many human enemies and not enough focus on surviving the island and its hazards, and the game didnt seem to know if it wants to be supernatural or not till the very end but on the whole i really, really dug it and would just love a far more survival based tomb raider-with far more tombs and puzzles of course, for a sequel.

Anyone else beat this one?

United States
    i want to check it out, for sure. i've just got such a bottleneck of games right now on my shelf that i never have time to play that i almost feel guilty adding yet another one. once this hits 20 bones, i will likely buy it and put it on the shelf alongside the others.

looks awesome, though, and i've heard some pretty damn good things about it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    It's worth getting, but i would probably wait for it to be cheaper. Like i said far too much time shooting the same guys not enough survival. But what survival there is makes it. Stalking a deer with a bow and arrow is far more exciting than shooting generic gas masked dudes with a machine gun.

United States
    thanks for the recommendation, i will definitely check it out. i saw it on the games on demand for 30 dollars and was very tempted but since state of decay is out now, i figured i'd save myself 10 bucks and wait for the inevitable 20-dollar tag that will be on it by the holidays.

Administrator

England
    I got a free copy of it with my GFX card, but didn't think I had the time free to play it, so sold it...

I know the reviews were +ve for it, so maybe I'll pick up a copy sometime when it's on offer...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I haven't played the new Tomb Raider yet, but I have The Tomb Raider Trilogy which has three sorta old Tomb Raider games on one disc for the PS3. I like Uncharted better but I enjoy these games too. It's because I like the idea of playing as a treasure hunter exploring ancient ruins, shooting badguys and monsters, and collecting treasures and artifacts from around the world.

United States
    this game is on sale today only for 20 bones on the games on demand feature. got my copy DL'ing now. really looking forward to playing this one of these days when i get a lil extra free time.