Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ LOL! Have you heard now what M$ are doing with the Microsoft points? They're ditching them and converting them into conventional funds/currency... HOWEVER! If you don't spend it within a year.... Thank you very much, M$ will just pocket it!
    When the hell is that supposed to happen?! I have point i have to spend, and I wanna make sure that it gets done before this bullshit starts...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    When the hell is that supposed to happen?! I have point i have to spend, and I wanna make sure that it gets done before this bullshit starts...
    There you go, it works! You won't have enough points to buy a title, so will have to top them up and thus spend more than you want More money for M$!

Suggestion is it will take place in a few months (August?) - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...xbox-live.aspx
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Woleheartedly agreed with everything Danny said.
    Though to be fair PS4 has its own fair share of games featuring armed, muscular men shouting at one another, blowing things up and such.
    id like to think every console has them really, some full on college dudebros losing their shit over animal crossing and "smash being evo tier"

- - - Updated - - -

But people with a robot fetish on the other hand are seeing the start of a terminator cock looking golden age!

United States
    There you go, it works! You won't have enough points to buy a title, so will have to top them up and thus spend more than you want More money for M$!
    Who says I'll buy more?!

I have right around 1250 points - get a $20 game, have 50 points left over, buy a stupid shirt or something goofy for my son's avatar, done.

The only thing that 'worked' was convincing me not to buy anything else from MS again in regards to their consoles.

Mission accomplished, MS!

Administrator

England
    ^^ But there will be loads of people with say 1000 points, who can't get anything they want, so will either let is slide, or buy something they wouldn't otherwise get to prevent those 1000 points being trashed.

M$ win either way...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^^ But there will be loads of people with say 1000 points, who can't get anything they want, so will either let is slide, or buy something they wouldn't otherwise get to prevent those 1000 points being trashed.

M$ win either way...
    If I were those people, I'd spend those points in any way I could without buying more - even if it was on stupid avatar stuff...

But you're right, Neil - either way, it's more money for MS.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 13-Jun-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: .

England
    Never really understood this brand loyalty/hate but whatever makes you feel superior heh?
    Personally I'll be going the Xbox route as I did before BECAUSE of the whole Xbox live experience and the increasingly presence we all seem to have online. It just makes sense to me rather than seeing it as some infringement of my rights. I'll get the PS4 on a phone contract or something later because it seems a superior games machine ON PAPER.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Never really understood this brand loyalty/hate but whatever makes you feel superior heh?

United States
    Pre-ordered One. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Titanfall are on my must-buy list so far, but I'm hoping to see more from Sunset Overdrive. That game has the potential to be the next L4D if Insomniac can find their way back on track.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Pre-ordered One. Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Titanfall are on my must-buy list so far, but I'm hoping to see more from Sunset Overdrive. That game has the potential to be the next L4D if Insomniac can find their way back on track.
    Aaaand after a few days of mulling it over, I've switched and pre-ordered the PS4 Battlefield 4 bundle.

United States
    ^

what exactly led to your coming to your senses? no offense, but i just can't fathom anyone thinking an xbox one sounds like a better deal than a ps4.

i seriously hope MS falls on their faces hard on this one and loses tons and tons of money and a large percentage of its customer base. what a bunch of pretentious cocksuckers.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

what exactly led to your coming to your senses? no offense, but i just can't fathom anyone thinking an xbox one sounds like a better deal than a ps4.

i seriously hope MS falls on their faces hard on this one and loses tons and tons of money and a large percentage of its customer base. what a bunch of pretentious cocksuckers.
    Games had me favoring Xbox One, quite simply. The online checks don't bother me.

Sony's first party offerings are paltry at best for this launch; Drive Club looks like a joke compared to Forza 5, and nobody is going to be playing Killzone when Battlefield 4 and CoD are available.

I'm just investing along with everyone else that if PS4 handily outsells Xbox One, they'll get some of that third-party exclusive goodness, too. Here's hoping it comes to fruition.

Administrator

England
    PS4 gets 95% of consumer vote at Amazon - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4...rly-56766.html

-Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Looks like the PS4's volume is 259.2 cubic inches and Xbox One's volume is 449.28 cubic inches. Shit, the PS4 has even less volume than the Xbox 360 slim which is 325.1 cubic inches.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats interesting considering the ps4 has a plug straight into it but the xbone has a big external power brick again. What on earth warrants the much larger size?