Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XBox One vs PS4 (consoles)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Been very impressed with what MS have shown at E3. The games are starting to feel next gen.

Can't wait for this.

https://youtu.be/yRVR-Y__bmg
    MS has announced backwards compatibility with the 360 & XB1. MS just have me enough reason to buy their console in the future, but going to wait for a price drop or maybe an upgraded slimmer version.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    MS has announced backwards compatibility with the 360 & XB1. MS just have me enough reason to buy their console in the future, but going to wait for a price drop or maybe an upgraded slimmer version.
    That is a huge big +ve reason to buy it!

Is it suppose to basically be 100% compatible?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That is a huge big +ve reason to buy it!

Is it suppose to basically be 100% compatible?
    They've built an emulator that will run every 360 game but it's down to the publisher's who decide whats released. A lot of the software houses seem to be remaking there last release for the Xbone while learning about the hardware. If they allow MS to make there games work the sales of the redux/remake won't be as good.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    They've built an emulator that will run every 360 game but it's down to the publisher's who decide whats released. A lot of the software houses seem to be remaking there last release for the Xbone while learning about the hardware. If they allow MS to make there games work the sales of the redux/remake won't be as good.
    Sorry, so if I have a shelf of XBox 360 games, will these work or not on the XBone? You're implying they could work, but each publisher needs to allow/permit M$ to run it on the XBone?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yes indeedy,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGKATko82U
    they'll update when they get permission.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Have you played GTA5 yet? That speaker makes much more sense when you use the phones in the game
    Yeah I agree, I have come to learn that the speaker makes for a more interesting experience.

Administrator

England
    I see Micro$oft are also adding in loads of XBone and Windows 10 cross functionality too! Seems they're adding quite a number of nice strings to their bows now, with backwards compatibility probably being the most interesting!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Looks like the publishers approach to the backwards compatability of the Xbone is turning out to be quite promising from what I've seen so far at Gamescom.
    Most of the AAA title publishers seem to be giving away the previous generations release free with the new release. I'm getting Fallout 3 as a bonus with Fallout 4 for example.
    It's a good start.
    Not sure where I'm going to find the time to play them though.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    has anyone upgraded their ps4's hard drive yet? i just ordered a 2TB hdd kit and will be undergoing this process next week....just wondered if anyone had any insight or experience with this. sounds easy enough i supposed.

i've pretty much used up all of the measly 500GB of data from the stock hdd, which isn't hard to do when games like arkham knight and all dlc included take up 72 gigs of data! hopefully 2TB will be plenty of space for years to come.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been considering a hard drive upgrade, as well. As you mentioned, I've only been running through a few games, namely GTAV, Arkham Knight, and Battlefront, and I can see the storage capacity dwindling at quite the high rate of speed! Let us know how it works out for you.

United States
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00

this is the kit i ordered, it arrived today, and came with all you need aside from another computer to download the software to reinstall on your new hard drive. it even has an instructions sheet that breaks it all down in easy steps. the actual swapping of the hard drives took only about 15 minutes and was surprisingly easy. once you reboot your system, you have to set it up like you did when you first turned it on and reconnect to the internet and redownload your psn profile, then redownload or reinstall all of your games, which is where the real time-consuming part lies.

my only regret is that the game PT (which was basically a playable demo for the now-cancelled silent hill reboot) has been taken off the playstation store and is no longer available, so i can't redownload it. other than that, i am very happy with my purchase and decision to upgrade. when i restarted the system, i had 1.77 TB of free space, so i should be set for years to come.

Super Moderator

Germany
    I bought that kit based on your recommendation, Prof. Easy upgrade, and everything works great!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I bought that kit based on your recommendation, Prof. Easy upgrade, and everything works great!
    glad to hear the process went as smoothly for you as it did for me. with games taking up so much memory these days, it seems that they should include a heck of a lot bigger hard drive then what they offer.

England
    2 new Xbox's coming
    Xbox S and Scorpio

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.the...droid-samsung#

MY HOME CINEMA

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Xbox S for 4K Blu Ray/Streaming playback while Scorpio is for 4K resolution in Xbox One software an VR gaming, meaning you'll see a resolution bump in future games but not a graphical enhancement.
    Playstation Neo is probably going to be the same, it's got the extra bells and whistles for VR gaming and 4K.

Nintendo also have a new console due next year but we know nothing about it. Given their history with Wii and Wii U, it'll probably be built to tackle the previous gen (Wii for PS2, Wii U for 360/PS3) and likely have little support beyond Nintendo's own software divisions and maybe second party exclusives like Bayonetta 2 or Xenoblade.