Thread: XBox Live Gold free games

Administrator

England

XBox Live Gold free games

Till July 16th - Defense Grid - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    -show the covers of halo 3 and assassins creed 2
    -give shitty indie game
    -bame customers for being stupid and assuming they were getting halo and ac2

ms quality.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    -give shitty indie game

ms quality.
    Assassin's Creed II is coming July 16th.

Also, there's a great sale every day until the 8th:

The Witcher II looks awesome, downloading it now.

United States
    forza horizon seems like a deal at 15 bucks. might as well.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Jul-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the post. I am downloading Witcher 2 now. There must be a lot of people downloading, because it is taking a long time.

Administrator

England
    -give shitty indie game

ms quality.
    Ummm... I think you need to reconsider them words
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    just picked up (or downloaded, more appropriately) the new tomb raider game for 20 bucks.

2 fairly new games this weekend for 35 bucks, not a bad deal.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    never played any assassin's creed games, but from what i've heard, the 2nd one is one of the best in the series thus far, correct?

anyways, if the price is right, might as well bite. setting it up for download now. my 250gb hdd is actually starting to get pretty full with all these free games and sales lately. gotta make sure i save some room for gta5!

Administrator

England
    -give shitty indie game

ms quality.
    Happier now? (ie: AC2 is out)
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    never played any assassin's creed games, but from what i've heard, the 2nd one is one of the best in the series thus far, correct?

anyways, if the price is right, might as well bite. setting it up for download now. my 250gb hdd is actually starting to get pretty full with all these free games and sales lately. gotta make sure i save some room for gta5!
    AC2 was my entry into the series, as I never bothered with AC1. AC2 has some flaws here and there, but nothing major, and as long as you make sure the game is up-to-date then you'll be sorted. There's a couple of points in missions that frustrated me, but I still completed the game. I think the follow-up AC:Brotherhood was the best of them all-round, and AC:Revelations was actually rather good too - but I've heard lots of bad stuff about AC3, so I'm skipping that one entirely and will jump over to Black Flag when that comes out (providing the reviews are good and it's a solid release ... not that sloppy mess that AC3 was when released).

Anyway, the only thing about Brotherhood and Revelations was the repetition - not a lot changed, it was just more of the same, good-same, but same nonetheless (plus a lot of busy work and too many button pushes for the busy work) ... but over-all they're good, enjoyable games that I sank many-an-hour into.

So yeah - give AC2 a whirl.

Also - yep - GTA V ... I canny wait! I had to buy one of those Xbox360 USB drives though because of the mandatory install requirement (I've just been using old school memory cards this entire time ).

Administrator

England
    Crackdown, usually 800 Microsoft Points (about £6.80) is free until 16th August. Dead Rising 2 (and Case Zero) will be free from August 16th until the end of the month.
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Rainbow Six Vegas & Magic 2013 free this month.

If you want Rainbow Six, you'd better get a move on as the offer ends this weekend!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/30/467...d-members-this
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Rainbow Six Vegas & Magic 2013 free this month.

If you want Rainbow Six, you'd better get a move on as the offer ends this weekend!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/30/467...d-members-this
    Are you sure? I thought Magic 2013 was available, since I recently downloaded it. I am going to check real quick. Btw, Magic is not bad. It is a little confusing, but fun after learning the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Magic is still up. Maybe we got Magic, first and the other side of the globe received Rainbow 6? Btw, World Series of Poker is free for gold members.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 13-Sep-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added