Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romero's "Day of the Dead" headed for remake...Again.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I wonder how they'll "adapt" Bub this time? It's hard to imagine anything more funny than Bud the vegetarian....
    He'll be a hipster opposed to eating people, because...he was like...in to eating people 2 years ago...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    If you liked the 2008 remake you'll love Contagium.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And finally.... The new Captain Rhodes is...

Christ...I think that would actually bring on the zombie apocalypse.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    They gotta base it on the original script instead of the original.
    1: after stuff like world war z an audience wont be pulled in by half a dozen people sitting in a bunker, in todays media thats radio play stuff, not movies expected to cell. it sucks but its the state of things.
    2: performances like rhodes and frankenstein are too damn good to recapture so it would just be real pale in comparison
    3: everything like this "wants the walking dead audience" and thats something that most of us know is actually tonally similar to day, but i dont think they will think that and it will effect their design choices.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Funny, I started to reread the original script last night. It'll be the third time for me. Thanks for putting it up Neil, it's a great read.

Administrator

England
    For those who want to read the original script - http://fiction.homepageofthedead.com...dfiction=1070H
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Geizeh View Post
    Can't wait to see remake. If they're planning to make it as possible closer to original, then it's goint to be epic.
    P.S. still watching over and over Day of the Dead ;D
    Let's hope!

Welcome to the forums, btw.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Pfffffffffft. Let them remake it as many times as they want until they get it right (Never).
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I have been working on my optimistic approach to things.......eh I just cant on this one. From 85 to 04 we couldnt get any zombie media and now that the tables have turned its a non stop turd fest minus a gem or two thrown in.

United States
    It's either going to be liked by most and hatred by some or it's going to suck like no tomorrow
    Last edited by JohnoftheDead19; 14-Jul-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    I was in an unfinished zombie movie

UK
    on the plus side it cant be any worse than the last day of the dead remake
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    I'm hoping for a fairly solid remake...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Will the zombies move like they are in a Benny Hill skit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    yeah, I don't think the vegetarian zombie nonsense can be topped.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

UK
    or the zombies turnin in2 a load of ash like on Buffy
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Dying

United States

‘Day of the Dead’ Remake’ Gets a Director; Filming to Begin in 2014

A remake of George Romero’s Day of the Dead was announced just a few months ago by Lati Grobman and Christa Campbell, who also produced the Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot Texas Chainsaw 3D. Now Deadline reports that the producers have settled on a director for the project, Mark Tonderai (Hush) and are already putting together a production schedule.

It’s important to keep an open mind about horror remakes, especially after Zack Snyder’s surprisingly good remake of Dawn of the Dead, but assigning Tonderai as director is a fast way to kill off excitement for this one. Tonderai is best known for another horror film, House at the End of the Street, an altogether terrible movie that is notable for starring Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role, and basically nothing else.

Day of the Dead was remade just five years ago by director Steve Miner (Halloween H2O), with Mena Suvari in the lead as Sarah. The original is the third in Romero’s classic zombie trilogy, set some time after the original zombie outbreak, as friction grows between a group of scientists and soldiers occupying an underground bunker that’s secure from zombie infiltration, but not from frailties of the human condition.

http://screenrant.com/day-of-the-dead-remake-2014/

Bet they'll be sprinting, velociraptor screeching, teleporting vampire zombies, too.