Thread: TIFF, A type diff tool that visually contrasts the differences between two fonts.

Dead

United States

TIFF, A type diff tool that visually contrasts the differences between two fonts.

TIFF

A type diff tool that visually contrasts the differences between two fonts.
    Can't believe it's never been done like this before.

United States
    Funny thing to be excited about. I don't see much purpose for a TIFF....

Dead

United States
    So you can compare font files to use in projects. If you ever use fonts in imaging and web projects, you know that what font to use is always a decision that gets alot of thought and attention. You go back and rethink it later on even. the ability to compare 2 choices allows you to see which ones look best in terms of shape and outline, but also in terms of which one of the 2 has better anti-aliasing and looks better when made semi-transparent or imposed over certain colors.
    In the design world, font choices are difficult, and this tool makes them much easier. Rather than repeatedly and painstakingly changing the font in the project to compare them, you use this tool.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    In the design world, font choices are difficult, and this tool makes them much easier. Rather than repeatedly and painstakingly changing the font in the project to compare them, you use this tool.
    This is why I did not understand. Glad I don't do it for a living.

Dead

United States
    I know there's some people here who use fonts for web projects and titling for film. That's why i posted it. You're right though, not something to get all excited about. Just something to save folks some time.