Thread: Anyone ever heard anything as ridiculous as this story?

England

Anyone ever heard anything as ridiculous as this story?

Dead

United States
    Yeah, that's real bizarro!

Makes me wonder though. My little brother had surgery on his toe in high school for a sports injury. Had a metal pin put in. About 5 years ago he hurt it again. It looked bruised for maybe a week. But ever since then he's been complaining about it, he used crutches for like 2 years before he switched to a cane. Even called himself a cripple.
    But I just don't buy it. 2 different doctors have examined it. X-Rays, MRI's, everything. They both said they could find nothing wrong, and say what he needs is confidence.
    He eventually stopped using the cane and started walking normal. A couple months ago he had an altercation and got his arm twisted by someone. He claimed he couldn't move his arm for a month, went the emergency room where they did xrays and everything, but found nothing wrong. He's had his arm in a sling ever since and claims excruciating pain when he moves it.
    He also has claimed to have some sort of stomach problem ever since high school, but again, doctors find no evidence of it.
    And it irritates me because I have to go to my moms house and cut grass and do things all the time because she had a heart-attack in may and if I don't go do these things, she'll do them herself. And she shouldn't be doing it, and shouldn't have to do it. So I go there a couple times a week and there he is, sitting around, arm in a sling, ice pack strapped to his face for a bad tooth, bitching about his stomach.
    I thought maybe he was doing it all to keep getting pain pills. But doctors don't give him pain pills, according to several other members of my family.
    So it must be for the pitty. Some people feel they need other peoples pitty. Perpetual victim mentality.
    That must be what's going on with the woman in the wheel chair. It sounds like it's too extreme to be simple laziness. These people require pitty, and some take it REAL far.

Administrator

England
    There's cases of people wanting limbs and the like removed etc...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    She needs a good kick up the arse.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    She needs a good kick up the arse.
    Nah, she just needs this.

And the best part is...it gets the same result at bargain price.