Thread: childs play

England

childs play

Beware, spoilers if you haven't seen it/forgotten it.

A few days ago I saw a trailer for Curse of Chucky and it looked like it was going back to it's roots so I looked around Amazon and found the original Child's Play on blu-ray and ordered it. It came today and I just watched it.

It's been years since I last saw it and surprised I had forgotten so much of it.

I remember the opening shoot out as just a shoot out, but had forgotten what it had been like. Brad Dourif looked so different to what I remember him as. I remembered Chucky's first kill and footprints in the flour on the kitchen table, and Karen finding out Chucky hasn't had his batteries put in.

I had completely forgotten the detective's fight with Chucky in his car, and the ending!

With the way the final scene was shot, with Andy (the boy) staring at Chucky's remaining eye, which was (seemingly) staring back at Andy, I wondered if Chucky had successfully possessed Andy.

I love this film. The only other one in the series I got is the Bride of Chucky, which was okay IMO. Curse will be released straight to dvd on 8th October this year, which I will get.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Looking forward to it. You are right, in that they are returning to the serious tone of the first. I am glad though that they decided not to do it as a reboot, but a continuation. Love the whole series, even though 2 & 3 were diminishing as they went. Bride was a nice spike. Seed was just awful. Ready for the Curse!