Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Granted, I think Man of Steels qualities were at least as much David Goyer's fault. The script was horrible.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Between Man of Steel and Watchmen, I have more faith in Snyder these days. Plus Nolan is still on board in some capacity, so that's a plus.

I just can't believe i'm finally going to see a World's Finest film. Never really thought it would happen. I'm excited, but still kinda wish for a more straight forward Man of Steel sequel first.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Between Man of Steel and Watchmen, I have more faith in Snyder these days. Plus Nolan is still on board in some capacity, so that's a plus.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by EvilNed; 24-Jul-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fds

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    To each his own, amigo. Watchmen is one of the best comic film adaptations ever, imo. Man of Steel had it's share of flaws, but as a whole was a damn fine superman movie.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Jul-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^^ Which version of Watchmen do you prefer? The cinema cut, the director's, or the ultimate?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    To each his own, amigo. Watchmen is one of the best comic film adaptations ever, imo. Man of Steel had it's share of flaws, but as a whole was a damn fine superman movie.
    Dredd was better. As was Sin City. And A History Of Violence. And Akira. And Nausicaa. (ok, those last two were anime done by the same creator as the comic they were based upon, so they maybe don't count)

While not a complete trainwreck I found Watchmen soulless and boring. It"s one of my favourite comics and it's just not suited to be condensed in a three hour film IMO. The film, while faithfull to the overall plot, kind of speeds through the comic in whatever version you choose and loses a lot of its soul in the process.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Which version of Watchmen do you prefer? The cinema cut, the director's, or the ultimate?
    Director's. I enjoyed the ultimate with Black Freighter and all that, but I think the Director's is probably the tightest version with an acceptable amount of the material.

Administrator

England
    The following article talks about MoS 2, but I think in truth it's more applicable surely to any Batman & Superman film?

Christian Bale? $50m?

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013...man-of-steel-2

He could probably make 50 million dollars for being in the movie 20 minutes. And it would be worth every penny to the studio."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I highly, highly doubt Bale will return or even that Nolan would let it happen. Nolan's trilogy was wrapped up and completed. Time to bring in new blood. We don't need an origin story for Batman again, just drop another good actor in the cape and cowl and have him already operating in Gotham City.

Someone recently mentioned that they'd want Anson Mount(Hell On Wheels) to be the new Bruce/Batman. THAT would be amazing...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'd like to see him return. And if he's being offered 50 million, he's an idiot for not taking it. Then again, he's probably got more money than he knows what to do with, so.. There you go.

Christian Bale as Batman and Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor? Heck, any other actor than any of the ones that were in Man of Steel? I'm all for it.

I still think this film will be $hit, but hey.

Administrator

England
    I think Bale will not risk denting what were three pretty good films with a questionable fourth appearance. But who knows. Maybe tens of millions of dollars may sway him
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Meh. He had his turn at the character, was good, & it's over. Considering they're wanting to launch a new Batman franchise seperate of the Nolanverse one anyway, let someone else do it.

Someone recently mentioned that they'd want Anson Mount(Hell On Wheels) to be the new Bruce/Batman. THAT would be amazing...
    Don't know that I've seen him in anything outside of HoW, so I'm not sure, but I would be intrigued. He's great in it, just don't know what his range is, if you know what I mean.

Then again, I thought Cloony was going to be an interesting choice too... (In all fairness, with a good script & withOUT Joel Scmucker, maybe he would have been...)

Super Moderator

UK
    Batman's dark and brooding, Cullen Bohanon's dark and brooding - perfect match!

Seriously though, Anson Mount is the best part of Hell On Wheels, and it'd be cool to see him behind the cape and cowl ... but who knows what they're after for the film. Might they be after a younger Batman so they might be able to get several films out of the same actor over several years without Batman appearing to get too old? Who knows...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And the new Batman is.......ready for it? Ben Affleck

United States
    And the new Batman is.......ready for it? Ben Affleck
    The general consensus, at least in my general neck of the internet woods, is that this sucks balls, and that no one wants to see it happen.
    I wholeheartedly agree.