Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

United States

WB, Nolan, Syder, or all of the above know how to get people talking anyway.

I have no strong feelings about Afleck either way. I thought he was good in Daredevil (even if the movie iteslf was *meh*). So maybe he can pull it off. But one point of consideration I have is I still don't know how much of an "actors director" Snyder is. Haven't seen MoS yet so I know nothing about the performances in it. Watchmen had strong source material & cast both, so I can't say for sure from it.

SO: I wonder, if Ben will have a director capabile of pulling the Batman out of him if needed, or will he pretty much have to bring it himself?

We'll see I suppose.

Administrator

England
    Bryan Cranston as Lex? - http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0827...-steel-sequel/

According to Cosmic Book News it is expected the actor will confirm the casting when the sixth series of Breaking Bad ends next month and they reported he has signed a multi-film deal.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cosmic Book News is widely regarded as a very unreliable source for these kinds of things. I mean....they didn't even get the seasons of Breaking Bad correct. There are only five.

Cranston has been rumored for a while now, and I would love it, but I would wait for an official announcement from WB/DC.

- - - Updated - - -

A fan-made teaser that I thought was pretty good. Even as a fan's video, it gets me excited about the possibilities....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U4he3GgC4
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Aug-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    For those of you not happy about Ben Affleck as Batman, this will make all that seem trivial - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Justi...man-39231.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    For those of you not happy about Ben Affleck as Batman, this will make all that seem trivial - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Justi...man-39231.html
    Eh. Sounds like wishful thinking on his behalf. If it ever comes true then that means they're getting Shmuck-er or Burton back on the horn pronto. Or maybe John Waters...

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013...el-2-gal-gadot

Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman... So now we have Batman and Wonder Woman in a Superman film? Hmmm....

OK, this might seem like a cheap excuse to post a video of some young lady in her underwear.... and you'd be completely right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g05mTtLabNY
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wonder Woman has officially been cast: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gal-...an-vs-superman

I don't know much of her acting outside of the last couple Fast and Furious flicks, but I suppose she has the look. I'm just hoping WW, Nightwing, etc will all be fan service cameos and nothing substantial for this film. Otherwise it has the serious risk of becoming over crowded.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Looks a bit too much of a bean poll?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure they'll beef her up quite a bit. They'll probably bring in the same trainers from Man of Steel, who Snyder has used since 300, to give her some more weight and tone.

If they can accomplish that...I think she's got the look at least. Still not sure on the acting or if there will be the proper amount of screen time though. I'm getting more and more worried they're trying to cram too much into one film. But who knows? She probably signed a multi-picture deal and she may be in Bat/Sup for only a few minutes, then later get a stand alone film.

Super Moderator

UK
    So I guess the lady who plays whats'ername in Thor didn't get the part then ... I think she was talking to the DC folks about possibly playing that part, or at the very least it was something she wanted to do ... out of luck this time then.

As for the lass they've cast ... phwoar! She is a bit scrawny, but then that seems to be what models and actresses have to be nowadays ... or she could just be naturally that way ... what actually matters in the end is can she play the part (and can someone write the part in a good way)?

United States
    ^^ Looks a bit too much of a bean poll?
    A bit short, also. She's only 5'9". Isn't WW a few over 6 feet?

I wanted a meatier gal. But then again, I also wanted a Batman who wasn't Ben Affleck. So...
    I'm going to continue to grit my teeth and hope for the best I guess.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Man of Steel was complete crap.
    *sigh*

It wasn't "complete crap"... It was just somewhat soulless and daft in places. Calling it "complete crap" comes across as very unfair IMHO
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    A bit short, also. She's only 5'9". Isn't WW a few over 6 feet?

I wanted a meatier gal. But then again, I also wanted a Batman who wasn't Ben Affleck. So...
    I'm going to continue to grit my teeth and hope for the best I guess.
    Yer getting nuthin Ron...nuthin...

Seriously though, nobody's going to be beat Linda Carter. Crap show, smashing bird.

Oh Linda....

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    *sigh*

It wasn't "complete crap"... It was just somewhat soulless and daft in places. Calling it "complete crap" comes across as very unfair IMHO
    I'd say it's utterly fair. It was the second worst film is saw in the cinema this year, and i saw only bad films.