Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    That suit should be called the batwing. Because it's so veiny!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 22-May-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: pic

Administrator

England
    We're gonna have Aquaman in it too? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67661

Drew's sources have confirmed that Aquaman will be played by Jason Mamoa, who will have a small part in the upcoming Batman V Superman from director Zack Snyder.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We're gonna have Aquaman in it too? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67661
    Oh...boy...all this and...Aquaman...too....

Anybody have some fish they need to talk to?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If the rumor turns out to be true, it makes sense to include the character for Justice League. And the rumor that Snyder is filming both BvS and JL at the same time is still out there, so it would make sense that the character has possibly been cast.

Aquaman is of course often the butt of many superhero jokes these days, but the character does have a rich history with some pretty amazing stories. With Snyder being such a nerd himself, I have faith that if anyone can bring the character justice on the big screen...it's him.

With the recent news of WB's lined up plans for the DC property, we're likely in for an awesome presentation at San Diego Comic Con next month. They'll likely do like Marvel did several years ago and have the entire Justice League at the convention.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Jun-2014 at 02:04 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Yeah, I know. I ked, I ked.

Undisclosed
    I find it hard to believe Mr. Snyder could bring justice to any character on the screen...
    Not that I downright hated his Man Of Steel, it's just that it left me cold as I couldn't care about anyone or anything happening in that film. It's a recurring problem I have with all his films: despite all the flashy visuals there is little soul to it all.

That guy keeps getting his hands on great material: from Dawn to Watchmen to The Dark knight returns and Superman,.... so I guess I'm in the minority here.
    Last edited by krisvds; 15-Jun-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I find it hard to believe Mr. Snyder could bring justice to any character on the screen...
    I concur - He seems more and more stilted, and simply going for bigger and bigger effects instead of subtle character stuff
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New photo of Batfleck released for SDCC:

Wow....the big chin and beard stubble make him look like he jumped straight from the pages of Frank Miller's work. Although Dawn of Justice doesn't have an official presentation at SDCC, people "in the know" say there will be some goodies shown tomorrow. Here's hoping for a shot of Supes, Bats, and WW all together...

Super Moderator

UK
    I like it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Too cartoony for ny tastes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From SDCC, our first look at Gadot as Wonder Woman:

Snyder also showed a brief clip described as such:
    We see batman standing on a rooftop in the rain. He's not wearing the same suit that's already been revealed, but is more bulky and like armor. Very reminiscent of the armor in Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Batman pulls a tarp off of the Bat signal and it shines into the sky. The camera pans up to reveal Superman floating within the shaft of light. He glares down at Batman as his eyes begin to turn red with heat vision, then the BvS logo is shown.

We also kinda get a look at the biggest members of JL together...

EDIT: new image
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Jul-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far, visually anyway. Everything is visually spot on.

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's a cam version of the teaser trailer they showed at Comic-Con (yes, it is flipped in reverse, no doubt to try and confuse YouTube, which surely is a bit unnecessary considering it's a slightly wobbly cam clip).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4fBnWy7Ys

Check it out if you wish/before it gets deleted. Looks cool to me as a little teaser (notice Batman's white eyes).

Super Moderator

UK
    New glimpses at the brand new Batmobile here:
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/10/61...man-v-superman

Hmmm ... can't seem to embed any of them ... anyway, it looks weird and cool.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Is it dirty/dusty? Or is that its colour?
    -Carl Sagan