Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Something I hadn't considered until Gilligan mentioned it on Talking Bad.....When Walt is saying "I NEED you to believe me" about not killing Mike, what if that was really Walt saying "you need to believe me because I'll kill you if you don't." He tied up all other loose ends with the exception of Madrigal, so I thought that was an interesting thought.

But yeah....amazing episode as usual. The final showdown I noticed that my heart was actually racing...

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh - that's a very good point about the Walt/Jesse scene bassman - I hadn't thought of that myself, but yes, I'd say you're right. I love how with great shows like Breaking Bad, there's always more to be discovered when you scratch beneath the surface - it's things like this that show up the differences between "network" shows and "basic cable" shows ... for instance, Under The Dome versus Breaking Bad. With BB you're encouraged to full invest in these vastly complex characters, and always be on the look out for double-meanings (even triple-meanings) in everything they say. Heck, even the presentation of the shows themselves are different - the likes of BB take the time to give you a 'sense of place' - you wouldn't see the opening of BB5x09 on network telly because nobody says anything for minutes on end and "it's just a bloke in a crappy house" - but of course there's an awful lot going on in that scene ... more than I can be arsed to type up in this thread ... but yeah ... ... where was I again?

kidgloves - yeah, me too, you can see that Walt is trying to pull right back from the abyss, but on the other hand he's been responsible for so much violence and suffering that objectively he doesn't deserve to survive. However, I suppose as we've always been 'on Walt's journey' right there with him, we the viewer are somewhat vicariously responsible for his actions - hence why we might want him to get away with it, because in a way, we want to get away with it.

/poncy-intellectual-thought

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Loved it.

Such good shit. I love how sloooow this show is. Its kinda like TV has adopted the storytelling of older films.

Ireland
    Good start........or good restart.....or whatever the feck this is supposed to be.

Sort of confused by the beginning and want to know where that goes, or how we get there.

Surprised too that the Hank v Walt faceoff got going so early. I watched this at about 1:30 this morning and was half asleep and I was like, oh balls, they're not going to do this now are they? Woke me right up again...

<-----tired (not bored)
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 14-Aug-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well it appears Jesse is screwed. Nice to see Skylar continuing to redeem herself, though.

On Talking Bad Vince Gilligan gave a brief hint about a scene in next week's episode in which Walt and Skylar are alone in a restaurant with two empty seats. Could they be meeting in public with Hank and Marie? Oh, the anticipation is killing me...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Aug-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Will Hank turn Jesse against Walt, use him in some way to get to l'il old Heisenberg? We'll see...

Yeah, my first thought was that Marie and Hank would be the dinner guests in that teeny weeny teaser they gave ... perhaps they come to some sort of understanding and allow them to run, or something like that? Hmmm...

Only six episodes left - blimey!

I've seen all of the episodes, but I only own two seasons on DVD, so I'll have to fill in the gaps once it's all over and then save the whole lot for another run-through sometime in the future.

The bit in the desert with Walt - apparently that was in the same area as stuff they shot in the very first episode.

Theory on the barrels:

Part of me wonders if the money in those barrels will be forgotten about and left there - will Walt forget it (even though he bought a lottery ticket with those coordinates on them) - will the ticket get lost and he forgets ... if he dies and nobody else knows, then the money is just out there in the desert ... will somebody dig up the area for some reason and discover the buried money?

Oh the possibilities!

I love the bit with the two guys lying down on the bed of money - a classic bit of Breaking Bad humour - loved that bit.

Lydia - she's just trouble in all ways, isn't she? The actress puts on a great accent too - she's actually very distinctly Scottish, and yet I had absolutely no idea until I saw some behind the scenes footage with her talking about her character.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Aug-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: bananas in pajamas on acid watching horror movies giggling

United States
    damn, the writers on this show know how to leave you wanting more. i cannot wait to see jesse and hank's conversation. both characters are played by amazing actors and i'm really anticipating how great this scene could be.

well, the lines are drawn. walt vs hank is getting super serious super quick, and both wives are standing by their respective men. that scene with marie and skyler fighting over baby holly was pretty sad. and then marie is staring dead ahead in the car with hank and all she says is "you have to get him." awesome.

and i also got a chuckle out of saul and walt's conversation about "sending x to belize", particularly the bit where walt told saul he'd send him to belize.

and damn, todd and his uncle's crew, along with lydia, aren't fucking around. i really figured walt would have problems with the phoenix crew down the road, but it looks like i was wrong about that one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Have to agree on everything. Great episode.

The goons lying down on the cash was neat. I loved the succeeding Saul Goodman scene as well. Belize?

Man, only 6 more episodes to go! I can't wait to see where this ends. Is the series finale going to be lengthier in any way?

I also noticed that Dean Norris' left eye is much "bluer" than his right eye. Hadn't spotted that before.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 19-Aug-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: gfd

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kinda off topic, but wanted to share. Just a minute ago I answered the front door to see a FedEx employee with a large package from AllPosters. I crack it open and this is what I find:

A random surprise gift from my ladyfriend. She just might be a keeper!

Super Moderator

UK
    Very cool poster, Sir - I think you're right, the lady's a keeper.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When Walt's confession played, I clapped and cheered like I did when Gus walked out of Salamanca's room missing half his face. Awesome moment.

It looks like Walt has Hank by the balls. With the money they used for his treatment, the Schraders' are screwed...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    When Walt's confession played, I clapped and cheered like I did when Gus walked out of Salamanca's room missing half his face. Awesome moment.

It looks like Walt has Hank by the balls. With the money they used for his treatment, the Schraders' are screwed...
    Aye. I didn't see the 'confession' coming, and that really played out nicely. FIVE more left folks, FIVE ... blimey. I hope they do "Better Call Saul" the TV show.

As I figured last week it was Marie and Hank at the table with them - I loved it when they're just about to get into some serious business and that cheery waiter guy pops over handing out menus. A perfect summation of Breaking Bad's sense of humour right there.

England
    Holy f***ing shit. This episode and the Red Wedding in GOT have been my all time tv moments to cherish. Its taken me quite a while to get through the episode cause I kept pausing it and then paced the room with the occasional fist pump.
    Walt is fu**ed man. Hes managed to keep Hank at bay but hes got it coming at him from Jesse and probably Todd.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA