Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad (The final 8 episodes)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Man, I hope Todd bites it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I meant to mention this earlier...

The BB Complete Series Box set is now available for preorder. It's listed as $300 on AMC's site, but can be found elsewhere for about 200-250. It was also mentioned on Talking Bad that it will contain a feature-length documentary covering the entire series. Also other new features and special edition case, of course.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    When Walt's confession played, I clapped and cheered like I did when Gus walked out of Salamanca's room missing half his face. Awesome moment.

It looks like Walt has Hank by the balls. With the money they used for his treatment, the Schraders' are screwed...
    ditto on the reaction to walt's ace card. hard to believe i'm still pullng for the twisted bastard, but i was laughing my ass off and clapping joyously. hank and marie both were almost shitting themselves and i felt bad for them......but walt totally trolled them beyond belief.

and jesse's discovery and reaction was phenomenal. looks like maybe he may flip on walt after all.

and damn....300 bones for the box set?!? while i'm probably the biggest bb fan imagineable, that may be a bit more than i care to pay for that...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and damn....300 bones for the box set?!? while i'm probably the biggest bb fan imagineable, that may be a bit more than i care to pay for that...
    It's really not all that bad when you consider that the individual season on Blu Ray can run 40-50 bucks. So at five seasons, plus extra disc(s) for all new bonus features and what i'm sure will be a cool collector's packaging....it's not all that bad. Also, 300 is what AMC wants for it. The preorder is on Amazon for 225 at the moment and that will likely go down some more.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I could part with 225 for that Box set...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Aug-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hank spinoff - Mineral Man
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    HA! Superb!

Ireland
    god...I hate Jessie. He's such an arse.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Looks like they're starting younger and younger these days.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    In this latest episode, I love how - much to the nature of BB as a whole - major decisions by characters are based on what turns out to be crossed wires, which feels very realistic. Jessie thinking that Walt had a tough guy/hitman in-tow and makes a decision that could mean the end of Jessie, ironically. I think moments like these help keep the viewer invested, because you see the mistake and you want to tell them "no, it's not how you think, oh, if only you'd just..."

United States
    omfg my mind is blown. such a tense episode. hard to fathom that i'm still rooting for walt and actually hoping that hank, gomez, and especially jesse all meet a bloody and painful death. what a cliffhanger! man it's gonna be one hell of a long week.

this show just continues to amaze.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Yep - a hell of a tense episode! That whole last 15 minutes I was on the edge of my seat, my fingernails dug into my palms ... I kept urging Hank to get the hell out of there, but of course he had no idea that anyone else knew they were out there, and then OMFG the Meth Gang 2.0 turn up and where on earth is it going to go from here?!

I want Jesse to survive, personally, as even though he's done despicable things, he's still been somewhat of the moral conscience of the show in comparison to Walt's dangerous sense of pride - it was cool to see how they tricked Walt into heading back out into the desert to save his money. Walt has to - in some way - pay for all he's done, but I'm not sure how I'd want that to play out ... sure, a part of all of us kinda want him to get away with it because as viewers we're vicariously complicit in his actions, but at the same time at the moment I identify more with Jesse out of the two of them.

Good lord - where is the next episode going to go from here?!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    omfg my mind is blown. such a tense episode. hard to fathom that i'm still rooting for walt and actually hoping that hank, gomez, and especially jesse all meet a bloody and painful death. what a cliffhanger! man it's gonna be one hell of a long week.

this show just continues to amaze.....
    Totally with you Prof.
    Its been a long ride hasn't it.
    3 to go.

MY HOME CINEMA

Scotland
    Personally I'm in the Jesse camp, Walt's the coward not Jesse, being scared of never having enough. IMO Walt thinks he can move all the pieces on the board purely on the basis of his intellect and power of logic. Sadly for him he doesn't know all the required intel, arrogance and ignorance appear to be his downfall. The intelligent fool seems to have been outsmarted by the classroom idiot [Jesse]. It's almost as if the student has become the teacher.

IMO it's possibly implied that this will happen in the pilot episode when Walt is addressing his students on the nature of Chemistry, that things change through interaction with one another. Jesse has become more like the Walt we are originally presented with and Walt has transformed into an extreme version of the original Jesse. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, can't wait to see how it all concludes. A truly amazing show, I remember watching season 3 back to back without a break except for snacks!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else seen this..... CONSTRUCT YOUR OWN CRYSTAL METH LAB

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...play-sets.html

Obviously not for kids, but still, the mind boggles.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 10-Sep-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!