Thread: The Day Before (zombie video game) - Scam!

Administrator

England

The Day Before (zombie video game) - Scam!

Looks like The Division meets zombies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI0k1V0t_SI
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Looks good but I'm so uninterested in multiplayer/co-op games these days, I occasionally dabble and then realise why I prefer just playing on my own. Other players just ruin the experience for me unless you can get on a private server without a the idiots on there.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Looks good but I'm so uninterested in multiplayer/co-op games these days, I occasionally dabble and then realise why I prefer just playing on my own. Other players just ruin the experience for me unless you can get on a private server without a the idiots on there.
    Yeh, if you could set up a private server where just you and friends could survive... Perfect...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah - two dud points here for me:

1) Online play. Fudge that. Single player all the way for me.

2) Runners. Again.

I'm never gonna get an open world single player zombie game with shamblers and shamblers alone, am I?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

2) Runners. Again.

I'm never gonna get an open world single player zombie game with shamblers and shamblers alone, am I?
    Gotta hope the next "Left 4 Dead" game, "Back 4 Blood", is highly moddable. Maybe someone will then do some sort of Romero'esque shambler version? - https://forum.homepageofthedead.com/...ad.php?t=24388
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

2) Runners. Again.

You should play "7 Days to die" MZ, it's kind of like a Minecraft/basebuilding/scavenging game with procedurally generated worlds and shambling zombies. It's an indie game so not as pretty as a AAA title but they're improving it all the time so it doesn't look bad either. The zombies do run at night however you can customise all that in the settings so they shamble at all times. As per the game title every 7 days there's a "blood moon" which means hordes of zombies will come at you, trying to smash through into your base. Early on this is difficult as you likely won't have built any significant defences or have any decent weapons but as time goes on you can build concrete walls, dig trenches around your base and fill them with spikes, wire up spinning blade traps that chop zombie limbs off etc. You can also build transportation as well so you can go off finding far flung cities and towns to scavenge more supplies and weapons/ammo. I've poured countless hours into it. It is multiplayer/co-op as well but I've only ever played it single player.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    You should play "7 Days to die" MZ, it's kind of like a Minecraft/basebuilding/scavenging game with procedurally generated worlds and shambling zombies. It's an indie game so not as pretty as a AAA title but they're improving it all the time so it doesn't look bad either. The zombies do run at night however you can customise all that in the settings so they shamble at all times. As per the game title every 7 days there's a "blood moon" which means hordes of zombies will come at you, trying to smash through into your base. Early on this is difficult as you likely won't have built any significant defences or have any decent weapons but as time goes on you can build concrete walls, dig trenches around your base and fill them with spikes, wire up spinning blade traps that chop zombie limbs off etc. You can also build transportation as well so you can go off finding far flung cities and towns to scavenge more supplies and weapons/ammo. I've poured countless hours into it. It is multiplayer/co-op as well but I've only ever played it single player.
    Unturned?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Unturned?
    Never played that

Administrator

England
    Bahaahaa! SCAM!

"Steam has taken the game down. You can no longer buy it. Apparently Steam also holds money for 30 days. They're also allowing refunds no matter how long you have played."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIzurQuAJF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRb5IKujaME
    -Carl Sagan