Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen (PC game)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Looks pretty good to me!

Administrator

England
    Not played a really good space sim for as long as I can remember!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Remember the little economy in Elite, and how much fun that was Now watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qXEAqYIH8
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    They're reach $19m now... Now aiming for $21m for even more features - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-19-Million

We are also excited to reveal the $21 million stretch goal, a major gameplay feature we have been hoping to include with Star Citizen and the culmination of several recent stretch goal unlocks!

Salvage Mechanic: Salvage isn’t an aside: it’s a career, with its own mechanic, story tie-ins and universe-shaping endgames. Search the galaxy for a host of valuable and interesting secrets using both the flight and FPS components. Discover the secrets of the ancient Hadesians, locate valuable components and cargo… or go down in history as the first to make contact with an entirely new alien race!

On an interesting note, if you read the article tye pay Kick Starter approx 10%.... So they've earned $2m just from this one project! WOW!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    OK! Watch the first ten seconds of this Star Citizen video and tell me what demographic it's aimed at? I suggest teenage boys, and can give you two good reasons why!

http://vimeo.com/76645112
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So they're up to about $57m now via the Kickstarter. People are throwing bucket loads of money at them!

Here for example is them offering a new ship, the Origin 890 Jump Luxury. And all you have to do is give them $600! - https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...ept-sale-plans

The game does look pretty, but the gameplay looks worrying. Look at this guy playing it... does this look like an indepth space sim? (jump about 35s in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT3ZvnUnUkU

Some people have created signature images off of it...

-Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Derek Smart is a game developer who crowd funded Star Citizen when it started development for $250.

Recently he's got alarmed and posted a number of articles...

If you have time (it is a long artciels but worth it) this is an interesting/epic read from his blog - http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/in...lar-discourse/

He's forecasting very bad things for SC!

Here's the epic continuation - http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/07/interstellar-justice/

^^ He's offering $1m of his own money to investigate what's going on in RSI
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Seems like an interesting read. I think I'll plough through this.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Seems like an interesting read. I think I'll plough through this.
    I found the two blog entries interesting... Let me know what you think
    -Carl Sagan

England
    This looks incredible to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ccKp1n13jQ
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ That is starting to look good!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    5 hour live stream.

https://youtu.be/9r6zE_vESvI

Still in Alpha I think
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    This is going to destroy Elite.

If they give the player some crap to do, this game will be a life drainer.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....