Thread: Night of the living dead-Extra scenes WTF???

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Night of the living dead-Extra scenes WTF???

So I watched the extra scenes from the 30th annerversity edition on YouTube the other night and damn that was pretty bad. Not only was the acting horrible but the picture didn't even look like it was filmed in 1968, looked very modern. What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilcox View Post
    What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.
    $$$$$

Administrator

England
    ^^^ Exactly!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Wilcox View Post
    ... but the picture didn't even look like it was filmed in 1968, looked very modern. What was the whole point of filming those extra scenes? Didn't add anything to the overall story.
    I think the extra scenes may have been a way of trying to get back the copyright they 'lost' on the original, and if I remember correctly they used the original cameras / lighting for the new scenes.

The 30th anniversary DVD is pretty neat (with the original version & interviews etc), but I've only watched this butchered version once....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What are you guys talking about? The 30th Anniversary Edition is the best thing that ever happened to us -of the Dead fans. It's so great and the addition of these scenes really heightens the experience in my mind.

I watch it and Children of the Living Dead back-to-back at least once a year.

Psyche.