Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scream Factory's Collectors Edition of Day of the Dead (bluray & DVD)

England

Scream Factory's Collectors Edition of Day of the Dead (bluray & DVD)

One for Shootmeindehead

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-new-transfer/

Fans of Romero’s “Dead” series will rejoice on September 17, 2013, when the much-loved horror classic Day of the Dead makes its Blu-ray debut in a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD Combo Pack from Scream Factory. Featuring an all-new HD transfer of the film, this must-have collector’s edition contains a brand new interview with George A. Romero as well as a bevy of insightful bonus features, including a new documentary World’s End: The Legacy of Day of the Dead, new audio commentaries, behind the scenes footage and more!

In this the third film in the continuing saga of the undead from writer/director George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Survival of the Dead), “A small group of scientists and soldiers have taken refuge in an underground missile silo where they struggle to control the flesh-eating horror that walks the earth above. But will the final battle for the future of the human race be fought among the living or have they forever unleashed the hunger of the dead?”

Lori Cardille, Joe Pilato and Richard Liberty star in this controversial classic with groundbreaking gore effects by Tom Savini.

Day of the Dead Bonus Features:
    New High Definition Transfer
    New Documentary – World’s End: The Legacy of “Day of the Dead
    NEW! UNDERGROUND: A Look into the DAY OF THE DEAD mines
    Audio Commentary with writer/director George A. Romero, Special Make-up Effects artist Tom Savini, Production Designer Cletus Anderson and actress Lori Cardille
    Audio Commentary with filmmaker Roger Avary
    Behind-The-Scenes Footage from Special Make-up Effects Creator Tom Savini’s archives
    Photo Galleries
    Theatrical Trailers
    TV Spots
    And more…
    Covers shite though

The documentary is already out in the usual places (watching now)
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    The documentary is already out in the usual places (watching now)
    What what what? Where?!

I quite like the cover, personally - I miss the days of painted artwork that took key images from the film and combined them - plenty to look at, art to admire etc.

England
    Documentary's brilliant.
    Gonna buy this when it comes out. Very interested to see what the new transfer is like.

- - - Updated - - -

Just preordered it from bluraysforeveryone for £22.65 shipped.

http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/st...&category_id=6

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    That cover is awful.

Hey kid, can you PM me the location of the doc?

- - - Updated - - -

It's cool. I found a place.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I actually like that cover. Like somebody already said it's kind of like those movie posters from the good ol days that used actual artwork to depict various scenes from movies (not that I was ever around for those days though :P ).

Christmas is only a few months away so that might be a good movie to add to my wish list.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love that cover. It would be awesome as a poster to put next to my Dawn painting from the poster book.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good doc - several stories in there that I'd not known about, some featured zombies interviewed, a good all-round line-up of folks ... perhaps a smidge heavy on using clips from the movie, and could have used a couple of tweaks in the structuring of it all, but all-round it was a crackin' doc.

Ireland
    Jaysus...Joe Pilato's looking rough though.

The behind the scenes footage was great.

The zombies wafting away Rhode's stinky innards...ha ha...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I assume there's an interview with O'Rear?

*ducks for cover*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I've seen a lot of reviews for this release all positive but this website is the only one i've seen thats reliable.

It comes highly recommended with a much improved transfer.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8105...ead_86_sf.html

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Received this in the post today and skipping through it the PQ seems to be very good. The colours have noticeably been tweaked and are much more vibrant.

Edit.

I take back what I said about the cover art. Its actually quite nice on the slip cover and box.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 01-Oct-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: 3D

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Received this in the post today and skipping through it the PQ seems to be very good. The colours have noticeably been tweaked and are much more vibrant.

Edit.

I take back what I said about the cover art. Its actually quite nice on the slip cover and box.
    What about the general transfer/image quality?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What about the general transfer/image quality?
    Still haven't watched it through but I think this is about as good as it gets for Day. I thought the previous release was ok but this one has a lot of depth to the image with backgrounds showing up a lot more than I can remember. Theres a hell of a lot of film grain on show which I like.
    It blows the Divimax version out of the water.

Ive just watched the opening city scene and the detail is astonishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched this all the way through and the transfer is excellent. Colours are extremely vivid and the detail in a lot of the scenes is fantastic. There is the odd soft shot but thats down to the photography rather than the transfer. Lots and lots of grain so if that bothers you I would steer well clear.
    Overall a very bright and clear presentation. The reds really pop.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Right! So when does the UK get its versions?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Right! So when does the UK get its versions?
    You won't. Not the Scream Factory version anyway. They have no market share over here whatsoever

MY HOME CINEMA