Thread: Goblin - going to see them live Oct.3

Undisclosed

Cool Goblin - going to see them live Oct.3

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in forever, but I didn't know who else would give a shit about this so here I am.

I just bought VIP tickets to see Goblin live in Asheville NC on October 3. VIP tickets means I get to go backstage and meet the band, watch the sound check, and get a poster which hopefully I can have signed. Actually I'm thinking of bringing my 4 disc box set version of Dawn of the Dead to have them sign the discs.

Claudio Simonetti is going to be with them for this tour and they are going to be playing songs from horror sound tracks and their albums (I love Roller).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and hope I meet a lot of other Romero and Argento fans there. This is their first North American tour and I'll being going to the second concert in that tour. I'm so excited!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Awesome. Glad to hear Claudio Simonetti is with them too.

I think some of their stuff is a bit too cliché. I listened to their latest album "Back to the Goblin" and it was Ok, but some of the stuff was adequate. Still, I'd love to see them live. What kinda songs do they play?

Super Moderator

Germany
    I've got VIP tickets to see them October 4th at the Ottobar in Baltimore.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Awesome. Glad to hear Claudio Simonetti is with them too.

I think some of their stuff is a bit too cliché. I listened to their latest album "Back to the Goblin" and it was Ok, but some of the stuff was adequate. Still, I'd love to see them live. What kinda songs do they play?
    They're going to play songs from their soundtrack albums as well as their regular studio albums.

I expect Roller, Susperia, Tenebre, Deep Red.

Undisclosed
    Saw them in the AB in Brussels where they played live to the Profondo Rosso film. Played some of the classic themes from other films as well as the newer stuff( which isn't very good at all).
    Still a fantastic group of musicians.

Undisclosed
    The show was great!

They were much heavier at this concert than in the ones I saw video of from Australia where Massimo played guitar while seated. Here, Massimo and the new bass player, Bruno, rocked the house metal style. Simmoneti rocked the keyboards as usual, and provided the vocals for tracks like Tenebre and Susperia.

Songs from Zombi included "L'Alba dei morti viventi" and "Zombi", and actually used "Zaratozom" as the encore for the entire concert.

Oh, and Secret Chiefs 3 rocked too. They opened with their interpretation of the Halloween theme. I heard that Zombi is going to be opening for Goblin for the later concerts... I would have preffered to see them as the opening band, but the concert was still perfect.

I got to meet the band before and after the show and have my stuff signed: The disc for my European cut of "Dawn of the Dead" which feature more of Goblin's music, a Goblin poster which I got as part of the VIP deal, and the center of the limited edition vinyl EP I bought there, featuring re-recordings of Roller, Profundo Rosso, Susperia, and Tenebre, pressed on transparent red vinyl. Yes! Oh, and the cover art was done by the dude who did the Evil Dead posters.

It was fucking awesome!

Super Moderator

Germany
    Here is Goblin with their opening number at The Ottobar in Baltimore.

Monrozombi and I can be seen geeking out...