Thread: Nfl 2013

United States

Nfl 2013

The season fully kicks off tomorrow. I already, sadly, watched Denver look as badass as everyone has been saying while they kicked the living dogshit out of Baltimore, the reigning champs. I'm hoping that it was more the mile highness of it all, since the Ravens hung in there about half a game or so.
    My team, the beloved Chiefs, have alot of hope this year in Andy Reid. I know I'm masochistically optimistic year after year of lates, but I can feel it in my corns this time.
    Looking forward to seeing Green Bay take on San Francisco, and seeing who comes out on top in that side of the heap. My wife is a diehard Packer fan, and my new quarterback is Alex Smith, so I hope the Niners do crappy this year. It'll help my wife out, and maybe give Smith some confidence seeing his old team fail and might make his transition with KC smoother. I'm just happy with KC's chances this year. Last year was probably the lowest I've seen us, and add a murder/suicide to that, and dang...
    I know we could technically do worse than 2-14, but I'm not worried. Good things are coming. Haven't seen much from my Dolphins, hope they are in the hunt for a change.
    If KC can take the division from Denver, then they are Superbowl bound. That's a big IF. Probably a dream, but who knows?
    Any thoughts on the whole enchilada, or your team?
    I'd love a KC/Green Bay repeat of Superbowl 1, sans the outcome. It'd be a big deal. Lots of hoopla!!!
    It is about to be on like Donkey Kong.
    This will keep me until season 4!!!

Update: Chiefs looking stout in a 28-2 win. Raiders blow it, as do the Bucs with a bonehead penalty hit out of bounds at the end. Miami also pulls out a rare W. Other than the Broncos game, week one is looking good so far.
    Last edited by rongravy; 08-Sep-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: ......

United States
    No NFL love up in this piece?
    It's awesome to look back at my original post from the lofty perch of 9-0, when most expected more of an 0-9 start. Tonight is the match up of the year against the broncos.
    I'm also loving the complete and constant underestimation of my team. They keep mentioning how we've not even played anyone with a .500 record or better. No one seems to care that the only winning team the broncos have faced, they lost to.
    High hopes still going strong. Manning is gimpy and they seem to be having a helluva time protecting him, which will be tougher against the league's number one defense and leader in sacks.
    I'm hoping the only thing left of him will fit in a nice take home doggy bag. Tired of hearing about him, and ready for him to retire. He's also a giant whine bag who cries when he doesn't get his way...
    Which isn't very often.

United States
    Hey there! I'm a Kansas City area native and a Chiefs fan. The 9-0 start was a welcome surprise and I say it's a difficult feat regardless of the schedule. Generally I expect that changing out coach and QB means a rebuilding season.

The loss to 8-1 Denver was a disappointment (and potentially harmful to post-season seed) but 9-1 is still a very respectable midseason record! And the Chiefs did well enough against Denver to give some hope for the upcoming rematch in Arrowhead!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Hey there! I'm a Kansas City area native and a Chiefs fan. The 9-0 start was a welcome surprise and I say it's a difficult feat regardless of the schedule. Generally I expect that changing out coach and QB means a rebuilding season.

The loss to 8-1 Denver was a disappointment (and potentially harmful to post-season seed) but 9-1 is still a very respectable midseason record! And the Chiefs did well enough against Denver to give some hope for the upcoming rematch in Arrowhead!
    Yeah, I'm still totally happy with where we are. And hey there back. If you still live around there, I may have to say howdy do in person someday. I still have yet to go to an actual Chiefs game, but I'm always scared that my first game will be a loss because I will jinx it by being there, if that makes any sense.
    As far as that game, I will only say that although we didn't really do alot to win it, those refs did their best to help us lose it. Lots of holding uncalled, and penalties in our favor that negated longer passes or runs. I know, I know, I'm bitching and moaning, but even Chris Collinsworth was noticing it, and he pretty much hates the Chiefs. If Dierdorf were there and saying the same thing, I'd have a heart attack. Anyhoo, we play the Chargers next weekend, whilst Denver faces a pissed off New England. I'm hoping that puts back up by one game, and then it's all on us to beat Denver in our own house the next weekend. I think we'll split the meetings, and stay a game or two over the Broncos until the playoffs, though we may meet up a third time.
    I was also surprised to see Seattle was actually 10-1, or that the Packers are still pretty much only a game behind in their division without Rodgers. So much craziness going on right now, and the Miami bullying thang...
    Or Dwayne Bowe busted for puffing the cheeba.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Or Dwayne Bowe busted for puffing the cheeba.
    I live about a mile from where ol Dwayne got busted. I ride my bike right past the spot regularly.

Now, before you say to yourselves, "Trin lives in the same neighborhood as a major NFL player," I think I should point out that the real question here is, "Why was Dwayne Bowe hanging in Trin's crap-ass neighborhood??"
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.