Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dawn Of The Dead - official blu-ray releases, poor colour timing and 35th anniversary

Australia
    No, Chris Romero's brother is one of the certified BLOKES in the control room. He also has a role in Knightriders as the dude who sells Gary Lahti the necklace that he gives to Patty Tallman (the one who says "Oh, she's got plenty to offer" - or something like that).

But this is a very interesting project, indeed. Perhaps run it by the crew at originaltrilogy.com - yes, its primarily Star Wars orientated, but its become somewhat of a haven for film preservationists, reconstructionists and fan-editors and there's a sub-forum dedicated to precisely this kinda work. A coupla chaps from there just released a re-graded blu ray of Night of the Living Dead '90 which sought to undo the vandalism enacted upon the official release.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Fresh Meat

UK
    Some more news on the new 35th anniversary box set.

http://www.ghoulbasement.com/2013/12...niversary.html

Looks like the picture quality has been greatly improved, although I agree with the poster that the contrast looks blown out.

Fresh Meat

UK
    My workprint is online if anyone wants to take a look. Post a picture of your BD of DOTD and PM your email address and I'll send you the file. You will need some free software called jDownloader to download the movie.