Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead spin off series!

United States
    As long as they don't hire Zack Snyder to direct it. They'd have to name the spin-off "The Running Dead" then.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    As long as they don't hire Zack Snyder to direct it. They'd have to name the spin-off "The Running Dead" then.
    All kidding aside.....Snyder's current collaborator on the new Superman/Batman films, David Goyer, is directing an episode this season. Kinda scary...

Undisclosed
    If the main series continues on it's downward spiral towards mediocrity I'll doubt there will be any hype or good will left among even the hardcore fans for this.
    I mean, season 4 is just a couple of weeks away and anticipation/hype seems at an all time low.

I hope I'm wrong though, and the coming season will be killer. I'll watch it, but after how they handled Woodbury I refuse to get my hopes up.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    If the main series continues on it's downward spiral towards mediocrity I'll doubt there will be any hype or good will left among even the hardcore fans for this.
    I mean, season 4 is just a couple of weeks away and anticipation/hype seems at an all time low.

I hope I'm wrong though, and the coming season will be killer. I'll watch it, but after how they handled Woodbury I refuse to get my hopes up.
    What makes you think anticipation/hype is at an all time low? I keep meeting people who have netflixed the series to get caught up.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    What makes you think anticipation/hype is at an all time low? I keep meeting people who have netflixed the series to get caught up.
    Hype among the fans of the genre seems a lot lower now than last season. On here for one. Among the people I know in Belgium as well. There's just less of a buzz in the 'media' as well.
    Don't know about netflix. Over here in sorry old Belgium we don't get that.
    Last edited by krisvds; 01-Oct-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: .

Dead

United States
    There does seem to be alot less hype this season. They hyped the shit out of it last season. So much that it put expectations too high and then failed to deliver. I remember having a discussion about that very thing last year a few episodes into the season...... Damn........what if they read what we talk about..

What we need is Beth and Maggie naked!!! They don't have to be together when they're naked, they just need to be naked!! Or at least in very little....often.....But,,,,if they were to be together naked......that works too.......even just some prolongued sexually charged embraces between women.....as long as it's not Carol!! In fact, while we're at it, we need less Carol altogether. really, she could just be a walker locked in a cell somewhere and show her rotting away every few episodes, or outside the fence and have kids throwing rocks at her and laughing...
    Last edited by babomb; 01-Oct-2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: fun

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh babomb, you cheeky chappy.

As for "hype" - I think we fans just feel secure in the knowledge that the show isn't going to be cancelled anytime soon. In the early days of the show we were so glad to have a zombie TV show - and a good one too - the best thing in zombies in a long old time. Now, with ratings so high and the fanbase so fervent, there's no chance of it going off the air anytime soon - so we feel secure - therefore that nervous energy of new episodes is tempered.

Arguably they did overhype season 3, and some of that overhyping was no doubt due to we the fans, so it's wise to calm ourselves down a bit and just enjoy the show when it gets here.

Also - the final season of Breaking Bad as well as the release of GTA V has been keeping a lot of people distracted, it certainly has for me - now that BB is over and I've been playing a lot of GTA V, I'm very much ready for TWD Season 4.

Finally - from what I've seen all over social media for the last several weeks, the hype and excitement is very much alive.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Oct-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Dead

United States
    Yeah it's really depressing to see breaking bad gone!! It was a hell of a ride though.

AMC is sure taking their sweet ass time with these webisodes! They got the date wrong on the site, they say Sun Oct-1st. Now they're delaying it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    AMC is sure taking their sweet ass time with these webisodes! They got the date wrong on the site, they say Sun Oct-1st. Now they're delaying it.
    *ahem*

http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-ne...odes-released/

Thar they be, lads and ladies. Check 'em out. Around about 25 minutes of content.

United States
    There does seem to be alot less hype this season. They hyped the shit out of it last season. So much that it put expectations too high and then failed to deliver. I remember having a discussion about that very thing last year a few episodes into the season...... Damn........what if they read what we talk about..

What we need is Beth and Maggie naked!!! They don't have to be together when they're naked, they just need to be naked!! Or at least in very little....often.....But,,,,if they were to be together naked......that works too.......even just some prolongued sexually charged embraces between women.....as long as it's not Carol!! In fact, while we're at it, we need less Carol altogether. really, she could just be a walker locked in a cell somewhere and show her rotting away every few episodes, or outside the fence and have kids throwing rocks at her and laughing...
    Did you see Maggie's Maxim photos.....daummmmmn!!!!! I think you will disappointed as Carol is now the new knife fighting teacher for the children

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *ahem*

http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-ne...odes-released/

Thar they be, lads and ladies. Check 'em out. Around about 25 minutes of content.
    Took em long enough. It was kind of a let down though. I just can't see that being the way the shit went down. It was like a fan film with good practical FX.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah it's really depressing to see breaking bad gone!! It was a hell of a ride though.

From my memory, they released the previous webisodes series around the same time. AMC's heavy promotion of TWD always begins around October 1st. Then from there the promotional items lead into AMC's Fear Fest and the premiere of TWD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, the timing makes sense - Breaking Bad is finished, so now it's Walking Dead time - it'd be a waste of promotion to overlap the two ... besides, you want to strike while your promotion's hottest, which always confuses me as to why some films/shows get advertised waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance, so by the time they actually come out your excitement has already peaked a few weeks prior.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Oct-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Twitching

United States
    I dunno,
    Speaking hypothetically, it IS possible to make effective spinoffs even if the spin-off is of lower quality than an already not-that-deep original. Love em or hate em, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer STILL holds some records for TV show longest in *unbroken* syndication. On some channel, somewhere, that show has continued to run every day since the series ended, and is STILL going. Ran 11 seasons and did right well for every channel's that handled it. Then look at Angel, inarguably a step down quality wise, but again a successful long-running (if not quite as long as Buffy) show.

The point here is that if it can effectively be done with material that ISN'T the most-watched show for the 18-49 crowd, it can be done with TWD. However, can isn't necessarily WILL, so there's definitely room for this to go horribly wrong. I'd say cautious, mildly skeptical, but still hopeful is the way I'm going on this one.

England
    Some more info here.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/11/...-be-a-prequel/
    It’s going to be set in this world, but it is a new cast and a new setting, and it’s going to be very different. It’s just exciting to be able to start over again and try to do cool stuff.

It’s a really different location with completely different people, so we are going to see an entirely different corner of the Walking Dead world. It definitely won’t be set in Georgia, I can at least say that. It’s important to us that this show exists on its own. The spinoff has to be a show worthy of existing, or else we’ve all sold out. So that’s something we’re all working hard towards doing, and I think we can pull it off. I think that the ideal situation is, when you’re watching the spinoff, you’re like, “Wow, this is a really awesome show.” The whole other show doesn’t need to exist for this show to be cool and stand on its own.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA