Thread: Good news non-US TWD fans....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Good news non-US TWD fans....

Starting with the premiere of Season Four, TWD will now be aired only one day after the US: http://www.hypable.com/2013/10/09/wa...premiere-date/

International fans of The Walking Dead will not have to wait long for new season 4 episodes, worldwide distributor Fox International Channel announced today.

The Walking Dead season 4 will air episodes outside of the United States within 24 hours of their Sunday night debut on AMC. FIC’s Chief Marketing Officer said that the reason for doing this is two-fold. “We want to prevent the spoilers for sure, we also want to make sure [international viewers] get the best version of the show — not some pirated version. But we also want them to get it super fast.”

Not watching a pirated version is good news for advertisers who want to make sure their ads are being seen by people in the right countries. Moreover, viewership on television should increase.

New episodes of The Walking Dead during previous seasons were seen roughly a week after their American debut which was a record turnaround in and of itself.

The show will be airing in international markets such as Australia, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Turkey, Balkans, Baltic, Norway, Netherlands, all of Latin America, all of the Middle East, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Africa.

As usual, The Walking Dead season 4′s world premiere occurs in the United States at 9 p.m. eastern/pacific on AMC this Sunday, October 13.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Oct-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh really? So we'll be getting it on Monday nights, eh? That's good ... although it does mean you have to avoid the entire Internet for a day.

That's a damn sight better than previous seasons where we've had to wait until the following Friday (a five day turnaround). So this is good news.

As they say, that five day turnaround was quite good comparatively, as some shows take forever to come over here, or end up airing several weeks late at best ... or in the case of Breaking Bad, you only get it via Netflix (most people don't have the broadband speeds in the UK to support that service) or DVD/BR boxset. It was bizarre that BB never had a proper home on TV in this country. Utterly barmy.

Anyway - good news indeed for UK TWD fans!

Administrator

England
    Excellent news!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm, this must be a really late-in-the-day change, because last night I checked Monday's schedule for FOX via the Sky+ planner, and it just said True Blood was on. I've seen adverts for it in magazines (and an insert in the boxset) that haven't had a specific date on them, so we'll see I guess.

Administrator

England
    I can't see it listed/mentioned until NEXT Friday!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I can't see it listed/mentioned until NEXT Friday!
    Yeah, wtf is going on? Within 24 hours across 125 countries except the UK?! What's that about?

Properly daft.

Administrator

England
    Yurp! We've been shafted (again) - http://tv.sky.com/#/programme/detail/4023/213

I'm sure we'll all know what the outcome of this will be... Yarrrrr!
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    .Seems odd that AMC would put out a press release that specifically mentions the UK, yet Sky/Fox(?) doesn't have it listed. Perhaps it was too late in the day and they just couldn't change the schedule listings? That happens sometimes on networks here in the states.

If I were you guys, I'd still check in Monday around the appropriate time to see if it airs.
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Oct-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    .Seems odd that AMC would put out a press release that specifically mentions the UK, yet Sky/Fox(?) doesn't have it listed. Perhaps it was too late in the day and they just couldn't change the schedule listings? That happens sometimes on networks here in the states.

If I were you guys, I'd still check in Monday around the appropriate time to see if it airs.
    I doubt it, bass, we'll just be shafted with Fridays here - at least for the first eight.

Part of me wonders if this has been a last minute thing. In the 10pm slot on Mondays on Fox we have brand new True Blood episodes, so it's not like it was just some old repeats they could move elsewhere. Bit of a bugger.