Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x01 "30 Days Without an Accident" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 4x01 "30 Days Without an Accident" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Season 4 is upon us, so let's start the chit-chat!

Please keep all talk of episode 4x01 "30 Days Without an Accident" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Enjoy!

United States
    Been a painful wait

England
    Here we go again
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Very weak. Waited all this time for that? Very disappointed

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Very weak. Waited all this time for that? Very disappointed
    I thought it was solid kick off for a new season. Shows "what they've been up to", had some good zombie action, a nice small one-shot/self contained story w/ Rick & the Crazy Lady. Only quibble is the cliffhanger. Not sure what happened there. Wasn't made quite clear. Assuming will be explained next episode? Or maybe not

Why, what did you THINK would happen?

United States
    I liked it, I thought it was fun. It was confirmed on The Talking Dead that the end of the episode will continue directly into the next couple episodes, so we'll know what's up.

And Carl is a comicbook guy! Alright!!

United States
    I'm very plaesd. Nice and gory action packed beginning.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Great episode. A lot more gritty and less polished than last year. Good story telling with Rick and that girl. Great action and gore in that store scene. Couldn't ask for a better opener

Dead

United States
    Nicoteros episodes are always weak, IMO.

I didn't think the episode was too bad though. I liked seeing how they fortified, started growing crops, and then the supply run. I like supply runs. We need more of them!!! I didn't like when Herschel brought up the idea that when harvest time comes they won't have to go on supply runs. That made me shutter at the thought of being totally cooped up in the prison for episode after episode. Hope that doesn't happen.
    I was somewhat turned off by all the "couples" scenes, but at least they were short. Gotta present something for the braindeads out there or there won't be enough viewers to keep things running smooth.

It was a little on the weak side, unfortunately. This seems to be the year for weak premieres though. The Homeland premiere was a bit on the weak side also.

That was a little strange on Talking dead where Scott Gimple sits on the other dudes hand and the guy just leaves his hand there. WTF!??
    Last edited by babomb; 14-Oct-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Nicoteros episodes are always weak, IMO.

I didn't think the episode was too bad though. I liked seeing how they fortified, started growing crops, and then the supply run. I like supply runs. We need more of them!!! I didn't like when Herschel brought up the idea that when harvest time comes they won't have to go on supply runs. That made me shutter at the thought of being totally cooped up in the prison for episode after episode. Hope that doesn't happen.
    I was somewhat turned off by all the "couples" scenes, but at least they were short. Gotta present something for the braindeads out there or there won't be enough viewers to keep things running smooth.

It was a little on the weak side, unfortunately. This seems to be the year for weak premieres though. The Homeland premiere was a bit on the weak side also.

That was a little strange on Talking dead where Scott Gimple sits on the other dudes hand and the guy just leaves his hand there. WTF!??
    Not sure why people coupling up bothered you, it's the natural progression of the human being. Shit like that happens in life and very natural and they portrayed it well in the episode. Whadda ya want to see, nothing but raid after raid after raid? That's boring! The show needs these developing relationships, it's the only way we'll care about these characters as they are killed off, or not. Fine opener, gave us a bit of everything

United States
    Ricks character has gone past the point of stupid that he has to be ordered to take his gun. And teaching kids about self defense is now against ricks beliefs? I thought Carl was supposed to be tougher and cold and he seemed nothing like that. The creepy lady was just that creepy. We already had the hick in the woods. She took up way too much screen time. Too many characters now.

Babomb is right about the abundant love interests and the supply runs are exciting. Zombies falling from the ceiling was new but it feels like they just want to keep showing gore for the sake of gore. Just let down. The previous 3 seasons delivered much better than what we got tonight

Undisclosed
    Not a bad opening in my opinion. I liked seeing how the prison and the survivors had changed over time. The one thing I reallly want to know is, wtf was up with that walker with the bleeding eyes? And does it have anything to do with harry potter 2.0's untimely demise?

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Not sure why people coupling up bothered you, it's the natural progression of the human being. Shit like that happens in life and very natural and they portrayed it well in the episode. Whadda ya want to see, nothing but raid after raid after raid? That's boring! The show needs these developing relationships, it's the only way we'll care about these characters as they are killed off, or not. Fine opener, gave us a bit of everything
    It's not the act of people coupling up, it's the way they portray it. People in that sort of situation wouldn't be so soft and feely, and emotionally honest and open. People in reality right now don't even act like that.
    The couple interactions should be more flirtatious and playful, and less "storybook marriage". It's not very believable like it is.
    These people have been through hell, they've lost loved ones and seen numerous others eaten alive and worse. They're emotionally drained, damaged and cut off. They wouldn't be able to have such sweet and soft relationships. The way they're portraying this aspect just doesn't follow real emotional dynamics. It's being written in a fairy-tale way for the "Twilight" crowd out there. It creates a lapse in the gritty realism that makes the entire show, IMO.
    These are new relationships, which tend to be more sexual in nature. In a world where people die on a consistent basis, in horrible ways, people aren't that willing to be so emotionally invested in a relationship so quickly.
    The interaction between Daryl and Carol is more realistic. People don't dive into relationships head first like that after being through so much emotional trauma.
    The casual hook-ups from the comics have been replaced by the type of relationships normally had by 12 year olds, and people that have been married for years.
    It's just too boring. There should be intensity and real sexual tension going on. Not cheek kisses, the open sharing of emotion and warm embraces.
    Last edited by babomb; 14-Oct-2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    It's not the act of people coupling up, it's the way they portray it. People in that sort of situation wouldn't be so soft and feely, and emotionally honest and open. People in reality right now don't even act like that.
    The couple interactions should be more flirtatious and playful, and less "storybook marriage". It's not very believable like it is.
    These people have been through hell, they've lost loved ones and seen numerous others eaten alive and worse. They're emotionally drained, damaged and cut off. They wouldn't be able to have such sweet and soft relationships. The way they're portraying this aspect just doesn't follow real emotional dynamics. It's being written in a fairy-tale way for the "Twilight" crowd out there. It creates a lapse in the gritty realism that makes the entire show, IMO.
    These are new relationships, which tend to be more sexual in nature. In a world where people die on a consistent basis, in horrible ways, people aren't that willing to be so emotionally invested in a relationship so quickly.
    The interaction between Daryl and Carol is more realistic. People don't dive into relationships head first like that after being through so much emotional trauma.
    Those people have been there over 6 months which has been confirmed by Gimple. These people are trying to hold on to something after the trauma, bloodletting and loved ones lost. Maggie and Glenn have been together for two years now and I didn't see anything forced or lovey Dover with Tyreese and dark haired girl, just two normal people looking for companionship. Very good paced show that hit a lot of areas and was very direct. Agree to disagree

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Those people have been there over 6 months which has been confirmed by Gimple. These people are trying to hold on to something after the trauma, bloodletting and loved ones lost. Maggie and Glenn have been together for two years now and I didn't see anything forced or lovey Dover with Tyreese and dark haired girl, just two normal people looking for companionship. Very good paced show that hit a lot of areas and was very direct. Agree to disagree
    Some of them have been there. Some just got there. When you're a survivor of the apocalypse like that, dealing with it day in and day out, you don't try to hold on to something after the trauma, because you live under the threat of more trauma every minute you're awake. You harden yourself because you expect that trauma to continue.
    I agree that with Maggie and Glenn things are as they have been, and as they should be. I'm not even talking about them really.

How could there be 2 normal people looking for companionship? These are survivors of the zombie apocalypse. There are no normal people anymore. Only stressed out, hard edged, emotionally cut off survivor types, and the dead. "Normal" people don't make it this far.

I would agree to disagree. But these types of discussions were consistent from week to week back in the days of season 1&2. Which made things interesting. I'd like to see that be the case again.
    Last edited by babomb; 14-Oct-2013 at 04:50 AM. Reason: .