Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: TWD 4x01 "30 Days Without an Accident" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Just popped back to say good detective work all. As they laid out all the clues, I was thinking y'all nailed it 100%.

England
    Okay, not read through this thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway - "airborne zombie roof assaults fucking rock!"

Don't care how contrived it was, if you were in that situation you would shit your pants repeatedly. Excellent scene!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    If you were in that situation you would shit your pants repeatedly. Excellent scene!
    You're damn right I would!

I loved that scene - so much fun, and friggin' scary too ... we certainly talked in-depth about it in this thread though, the mechanics of it and that ... just like the proper nerds that we are.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You're damn right I would!

I loved that scene - so much fun, and friggin' scary too ... we certainly talked in-depth about it in this thread though, the mechanics of it and that ... just like the proper nerds that we are.
    I'd probably be a bit sick in my mouth a few times if I caught sight of the splattering ones as well.

Seriously though, it was just a fantastic scene...I'll have a good read through the thread later on, I haven't been here for ages...but the call of the dead brought me back!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Okay, not read through this thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway - "airborne zombie roof assaults fucking rock!"

Don't care how contrived it was, if you were in that situation you would shit your pants repeatedly. Excellent scene!
    I agree! For a scene that screamed set piece, I loved it. Yeah, you had to just go with it and not question every nuance, but it was awesome.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England

Damn right! that was a freaky scene, especially the zombie dangling by it's guts from the ceiling. A damn good return to the series for me, a lot of folks seem to have stopped enjoying for what it is and pick too many holes, for me it's just great and I can overlook or not even notice the vast majority of the (very few) flaws it has because I'm enjoying the ride.

England
    The more I think about this scene the better it gets.

Our group has spent the last few season butchering zombies like they were minor irritants and bugs to be stamped on, they think nothing of going hand to hand and tackling these things with folding knives or even just their hands and feet (like the cell block outbreak in episode 2, they steamed in and dealt with it, it didn't really phase them that much)...but the roof incident really panicked them, they got scattered all over the place, seperated from each other and our experienced killers were suddenly getting themselves into real trouble. They were taken well out of their comfort zone and it really did make for excellent viewing.

Best scene of season 4 so far (although it's early days yet, I would love to be pleasantly surprised with even better stuff in the future)

Super Moderator

UK
    Legion - good point - they were very much out of their comfort zone and the sense of jeopardy they were all suddenly in really amped up the tension and horror of the situation. Daryl climbing up on that display of drinks and desperately shooting the walkers clambering for him just inches away ... tense stuff!