Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x02 "Infected" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

United States
    I really like these new episodes, as they have plot arcs, but are not overly restricted or encumbered by them (yet?).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Another very good episode - and surprisingly emotional too [SNIP]...Lots going on in that episode - very good stuff indeed.
    Agreed with everything said 100%. Will add that Bear McCreary's score during the slaughter of the pigs REALLY took it to a whole new level. That plus Andrew Lincoln's performance...it really took the end of an all ready emotional episode over the top. Haunting stuff.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Agreed with everything said 100%. Will add that Bear McCreary's score during the slaughter of the pigs REALLY took it to a whole new level. That plus Andrew Lincoln's performance...it really took the end of an all ready emotional episode over the top. Haunting stuff.
    The three little pigs had a hell of a time in this episode!

But yeah - you can see the loss on Rick's face - he was trying to regain a sense of peace in this horrific world, to find something worth living for, to not have to deal with the awful things he's had to do anymore ... but inevitably death comes knocking in TWD, and having to re-arm Carl (and himself - having no doubt, in-part, been setting an example to Carl) was a big emotional blow for him. You could see his reluctance to pick up the fight once again, as well as to become a leader (Daryl's really filled that role seemingly over the intervening months, going out on runs etc) ... Rick's been trying to again be a father to a child, but the cruel hand of fate has twisted the knife.

The pig slaughtering was quite shocking too - poor piggies - the look on Rick's blood-splattered face.

Also aye - I also saw the Day of the Dead 'gut spill' reference - very cool ... although my favourite gore moment from the episode was, without a doubt, that one walker whose face was smushed against the fence so forcefully that it's face was cutting open on the chainlink fence (and with it's eye popping out!).

TWD 4x02 Memes (tagged for space efficiency):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...here.html#more

United States
    The more I think about it, this really was a great episode. Very emotional and as someone else said, haunting. From Carol, to Michonne, to Tyreese, and back to Rick; everything just works. Add on top of that the 80's horror vibe during the Walker scenes and we have one winner of an episode.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    This episode was so much better than last weeks season opener IMO.

Those poor f*cking pigs...and Ricks face when he'd done the evil deed!

I really did enjoy this one, loads of good (or bad) stuff going on here. And I trust that "ex army prone to drinking medic guy" as far as I could throw him...that dude is up to no good!

Damn, it's good to have this show back!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dead

United States
    The pigs had to be slaughtered regardless. At least this way they were still of some use.

Pigs are filthy animals that will eat ANYTHING, including their own.

Where would they even have gotten them from?

Another thing that's odd is the mice at the fence. If someone is feeding live mice to the walkers, how/why are there dead mice sitting inside the fence line? The walkers would devour them outside the fence, and any that managed to get away wouldn't come back inside the fence and die in a line like that.
    Last edited by babomb; 21-Oct-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Another thing that's odd is the mice at the fence. If someone is feeding live mice to the walkers, how/why are there dead mice sitting inside the fence line? The walkers would devour them outside the fence, and any that managed to get away wouldn't come back inside the fence and die in a line like that.
    Aren't they rats?

As for the ones inside the fence - they probably fell back through the chainlink to the inside where the walkers couldn't get back at them to finish munching down on them (as in, rat sort of half-in/half-out of the fence, a walker bites into it, but doesn't keep a grip, so it falls back through to the safe side). Meanwhile the ones that remained on the walkers' side of the fence were completely devoured (with some scraps trodden into the ground/covered up by walker feet).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    The pigs had to be slaughtered regardless. At least this way they were still of some use.

Pigs are filthy animals that will eat ANYTHING, including their own.

Where would they even have gotten them from?

I think who ever is feeding the rats to the walkers are purposely baiting them there. Tease them, get them to congregate, allow them to have a bite then drop the remainder on survivors side so that the walkers are riled up and now pressuring the fence to get at remainder of fresh rat.

Babomb I stopped at Mean Metal today. There inventory is back up. Do you shop there?

England
    I thought this was the best episode of TWD since the pilot. Had everything. Absolutely everything I love about TWD. Atmosphere, dread, great scenes with excellent acting. A mystery that isn't forced on the viewer but seems to developing organically. I have no idea where its going but Im loving every second so far. Gimple is showing his nerdy love for TWD and the writers seem to understand his vision.
    Brilliant stuff.
    How on earth anyone can find this episode "mediocre" is beyond me. I fully understand that taste is subjective, but Jeez BaBomb you either have stupidly unrealistic expectations or you're coming at his from a starting point of negativity and will never be happy with TWD.
    This episode is TWD.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    The thing that gets me about the fence problem is how the survivors opted to reinforce the structure. Logs wedged against the fence at a 45 degree angle are okay, but having the braces run straight back from the top of each post on the outer fence to the top of each post on the inner fence would be stronger and not impede any foot traffic between the fences. Secondly, Rick didn't need to lure the walkers away from the fence using his pigs as bait. You'll notice the walkers were being drawn to the vehicle anyway. they could have "pulled a Meryl" and led the walker horde anywhere they wished. Another option would be to lead the walkers away from the bunch up points using themselves as "bait" from within the fenceline.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 21-Oct-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    All good points guys. I didn't see anyone mention that before Patrick died he was hanging over the water, then Karen drank from it and got sick. It's unlikely such a nasty virus would spread through the air. I think it's the water.

England
    I think I know whose feeding the walkers rats.

Gotta be

one of those soon to be psychopathic kids

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I think I know whose feeding the walkers rats.

Gotta be

one of those soon to be psychopathic kids
    Yeah, that's what I figure makes the most sense (and definitely what came to mind after last night's episode), but you never know...could be a red herring and there could be more storylines going on than we are currently being led to believe.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It's odd they had all their cell doors open and no nightwatch considering they had lots of elderly people move in at the end of season 3.

England
    Great scene with Michonne and Judith. Teared up a bit if Im honest. She's going to be a great character.
    Did anyone get the impression in season 3 that she had been raped by one of her pets when it was alive? She made a reference to them deserving their bondage in the flashback with Andrea.

MY HOME CINEMA