Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x02 "Infected" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Norway
    I liked this episode good to see some more grounded action and "real" problems. The gore was not as badly made this episode as it usually have been lately but that might be because of it was used a bit less.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    Secondly, Rick didn't need to lure the walkers away from the fence using his pigs as bait. You'll notice the walkers were being drawn to the vehicle anyway. they could have "pulled a Meryl" and led the walker horde anywhere they wished. Another option would be to lead the walkers away from the bunch up points using themselves as "bait" from within the fenceline.
    The pigs had to go anyway. He figured they'd be better bait, and keep the zeds occupied/happy for while?

PS: Love the ending! So did people take that as they died and were dragged out an burned? Or werel killed and dragged out and burned?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Great scene with Michonne and Judith. Teared up a bit if Im honest. She's going to be a great character.
    Did anyone get the impression in season 3 that she had been raped by one of her pets when it was alive? She made a reference to them deserving their bondage in the flashback with Andrea.
    Zombies are dead, they can't rape anyone.

Ireland
    Great episode.

That is all.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Great scene with Michonne and Judith. Teared up a bit if Im honest. She's going to be a great character.
    Did anyone get the impression in season 3 that she had been raped by one of her pets when it was alive? She made a reference to them deserving their bondage in the flashback with Andrea.
    Zombies are dead, they can't rape anyone.
    Try again dude.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 21-Oct-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: stuff and things
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The pigs had to go anyway. He figured they'd be better bait, and keep the zeds occupied/happy for while?

PS: Love the ending! So did people take that as they died and were dragged out an burned? Or werel killed and dragged out and burned?
    I too loved that ending. That amount of blood leads me to believe they were killed then dragged out. Add to that a line Hershel utters about the body count including "two" in cold blood. Either way it's gonna be tough for tyrese to cope with.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The three little pigs had a hell of a time in this episode!

But yeah - you can see the loss on Rick's face - he was trying to regain a sense of peace in this horrific world, to find something worth living for, to not have to deal with the awful things he's had to do anymore ... The pig slaughtering was quite shocking too - poor piggies - the look on Rick's blood-splattered face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Those poor f*cking pigs...and Ricks face when he'd done the evil deed!
    Exactly. While I felt bad for the pigs, they had to go anyway (though that's a sucky way to go, but y'know we do what we must...) but the effect it had on Rick...here he's been trying to get back to some semblence of normal, come back from the horrible things he's had to see & do, find some kind of peace, & then to have to do this...it was all there in the performance IMO. You could see the anguish & horror.

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I think who ever is feeding the rats to the walkers are purposely baiting them there. Tease them, get them to congregate, allow them to have a bite then drop the remainder on survivors side so that the walkers are riled up and now pressuring the fence to get at remainder of fresh rat
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    All good points guys. I didn't see anyone mention that before Patrick died he was hanging over the water, then Karen drank from it and got sick. It's unlikely such a nasty virus would spread through the air. I think it's the water.
    Agreed.

I think I know whose feeding the walkers rats.

Gotta be

one of those soon to be psychopathic kids
    I think that's what they want us to think, but I'm not 100% sold, though it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figure makes the most sense (and definitely what came to mind after last night's episode), but you never know...could be a red herring and there could be more storylines going on than we are currently being led to believe.
    I suspect the latter of the two.

Yes.

My take as well.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 22-Oct-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: mur

United States
    Try again dude.
    Ah! I didn't catch the "alive" part. My mistake. In that case, you might have a point.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I think who ever is feeding the rats to the walkers are purposely baiting them there. Tease them, get them to congregate, allow them to have a bite then drop the remainder on survivors side so that the walkers are riled up and now pressuring the fence to get at remainder of fresh rat.

Babomb I stopped at Mean Metal today. There inventory is back up. Do you shop there?
    Sometimes. But he's pretty expensive on alot of things so I usually only go there for specific things. I live about 100 feet from his backdoor. He had the fire dept there the other day. He was burning shit and started a big plastic drain pipe on fire. He's always burning boxes and shit. On days when you're not supposed to burn, after dark, and he starts a big blaze and leaves it unattended.

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth anyone can find this episode "mediocre" is beyond me. I fully understand that taste is subjective, but Jeez BaBomb you either have stupidly unrealistic expectations or you're coming at his from a starting point of negativity and will never be happy with TWD.
    This episode is TWD.
    Perhaps a bit of both. Maybe I'll like it more after a 2nd viewing.

Undisclosed
    I liked it.
    Thank goodness my worries about the writers introducing a new kind of supercharged zombie were unfounded.
    The disease storyline is promising and I hope many a tense paranoid situation will ensue.

Focusing more on Tyrese is also a good idea. I really enjoy Chad Colemans acting.
    The scenes with Rick and Carl were quite strong as well IMO.

And it's nice to see them not backing out of some potential controversy as well, since that is ingrained in the comic's dna. The scene with the two young girls witnessing their father's death and the whole aftermath of the outbreak in the prison were amongst the strongest scenes in a long while.

Season 4 is of to a good start as far as I'm concerned. Hope they keep it up.
    Last edited by krisvds; 22-Oct-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I liked it.
    Thank goodness my worries about the writers introducing a new kind of supercharged zombie were unfounded.
    The disease storyline is promising and I hope many a tense paranoid situation will ensue.

Focusing more on Tyrese is also a good idea. I really enjoy Chad Colemans acting.
    The scenes with Rick and Carl were quite strong as well IMO.

And it's nice to see them not backing out of some potential controversy as well, since that is ingrained in the comic's dna. The scene with the two young girls witnessing their father's death and the whole aftermath of the outbreak in the prison were amongst the strongest scenes in a long while.

Season 4 is of to a good start as far as I'm concerned. Hope they keep it up.
    They really seem to have got a firm grip on the "human drama" this season...all those interactions and tragedies have been really well handled so far, they've all delivered the emotional impact they intended...I have really high hopes for this season (although I'm pretty easy going/forgiving with TWD, I don't see any other zombies shows out there doing it better...or doing it at all).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    I would have liked to have seen a bit more screentime between Tyreese and Karen, but then again they've been together for a while off-screen ... but I did think they did a good job of showing that closeness (the scene where they were sat together, cuddled up, and he was singing to her was very sweet) - it was efficiently handled, and it's true to his comic book counterpart - he was someone who wanted to be a quiet man, a lover, but who was forced into brutality, and a man who struggled with his inner rage ... I think the latter will come out next episode.

So far so good.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I would have liked to have seen a bit more screentime between Tyreese and Karen, but then again they've been together for a while off-screen ... but I did think they did a good job of showing that closeness (the scene where they were sat together, cuddled up, and he was singing to her was very sweet) - it was efficiently handled, and it's true to his comic book counterpart - he was someone who wanted to be a quiet man, a lover, but who was forced into brutality, and a man who struggled with his inner rage ... I think the latter will come out next episode.

So far so good.
    Yes, and the writers didn't do the normal Hollywood nonsense of them needing to shag in order to imply closeness! Well done writers!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Yes, and the writers didn't do the normal Hollywood nonsense of them needing to shag in order to imply closeness! Well done writers!
    Yes. I loved the fact that Karen decided to wait on sleep over time and Tyreese was perfectly ok with it. That was great, it's the little moments like that that I love. I believe after this episode the gentle giant has awaken.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I loved the fact that Karen decided to wait on sleep over time and Tyreese was perfectly ok with it..

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany