Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 3 movies would u remake if you could?? (that havent been done yet)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Alright Zim, alright... Geez. I know it's a classic and a great movie and all. And I've seen it at least three times, so I can see why, but I dunno it's just not my cup of tea I guess. But what about the other two on my list?
    Bad Taste? As much as i hate to admit it, I haven't seen that one yet. I'm turning in my Horror fanboy badge even as I say this. But let Jackson have another massive budget, three plus hours of running time, and see what he can do with an update. Tank Girl? A fun goof of a movie, and Naomi Watts as the nerdy yet sexy sidekick? That girl seriously carbonated my hormones even back then. Sure, let's remake it, give it to Joss Whedon for the script, Brian Singer directed and Chris Nolan produced. Jennifer Lawrence as Tank Girl, and Abigail Breslin as her trusty mechanic. Oh, and CGI Anthro-roos with Andy Serkis handling the motion capture and voice work.

Way Zim

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ohmigosh yes! You really read my mind on the 'Tank Girl' remake.
    And you gotta see Bad Taste. It's like Braindead, but even lower budget, and you get a real feel for New Zealand in it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Although it is an absolute classic, & doesn't NEED remade, I would love to see a remake of "Them!" with modern special effects, IF they kept it as a period piece to keep that "army men vs giant ants" vibe intact.
    if this were a contest, this might well be a winner. "Them!", if done right, could be one of those "fun ride" kind of films.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Stephen Kings "It", very much deserving of a remake if it stuck far more closely to the book and included a lot of scenes that didn't make it in to the TV movie version.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Really I think with a bigger budget, Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' could be remade well, as long as they keep it fun.
    Oh lordy no! The original cannot be outdone! The characters, the acting, the cheesy-ness, the effects, the one-liners!! One of my favorite movies to torture friends with. I expect Jackson would prefer the movie get lost. But a remake? No chance it'd be better than the original.

"Them" would be a fun movie to see redone.
    "The Black Hole" would be good with updated special effects and a more inventive plot.

What about "The Warriors" as a remake? *dives into a bomb shelter till the fan-rage subsides*
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    No way, "The Warriors" wouldn't work ... it'd just be lame as a remake. The film is so entrenched in that particular time, in that particular version of New York. It's iconic.

They did release a "director's cut" version of it, but all that was different was there were these pointless 'comic book transitions' between scenes as well as some up-their-arse pre-film text about ancient warriors or some bollocks.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Oh lordy no! The original cannot be outdone! The characters, the acting, the cheesy-ness, the effects, the one-liners!! One of my favorite movies to torture friends with. I expect Jackson would prefer the movie get lost. But a remake? No chance it'd be better than the original.

"Them" would be a fun movie to see redone.
    "The Black Hole" would be good with updated special effects and a more inventive plot.

What about "The Warriors" as a remake? *dives into a bomb shelter till the fan-rage subsides*
    Ah Trin, you know just what to say.
    Total agreement about 'The Black Hole'.
    I would've said 'It', but that's technically not a movie, so pfft.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Me too. Verhoeven's Starship Troppers is a satire and wonderfully subversive. Apart from being a violent action film it's also very (left wing) political. Just like Robocop come to think of it.
    Wow, how original -- a left-wing politically subversive movie out of Hollywood. Just like, oh, everything Sean Penn has been involved with since Fast Times at Ridgemont High? A real breath of fresh air would have been seeing the movie actually reflect the less-conventional (for Hollywood) political views in the novel.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    That would be awesome!! Agreed

UK
    Bad Taste couldnt be remade, its one of them movies that just fit the way it is, the bad acting, the cheesiness of the story, its a classic!!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    bravo, sir.

i can't really think of three off the top of my head, but i would have to agree about a period-piece remake of "them" as well as a mars-attacks film set in the sixties done by anybody other than tim burton.