Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 3 movies would u remake if you could?? (that havent been done yet)

UK

What 3 movies would u remake if you could?? (that havent been done yet)

Apologies if its already been done but im just curious to what movies people would like to see remade. Im not really a fan of remakes although i suppose there is a few decent ones.
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    The Gorgon - a Hammer flick from the 60s. christopher lee, peter cushing, etc. one of my fav. movies ever but i wouldn't mind seeing the Gorgon done with modern special effects.

Logan's Run- I am one of the biggest Logan's Run fans on planet earth (even have a copy of the tv show) but for some reason, i wouldn't mind seeing another version done. maybe one that is a bit closer to the book.

I Walked with a Zombie - another classic flick that i wouldn't mind seeing a new version of.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    The Gorgon - a Hammer flick from the 60s. christopher lee, peter cushing, etc. one of my fav. movies ever but i wouldn't mind seeing the Gorgon done with modern special effects.

Logan's Run- I am one of the biggest Logan's Run fans on planet earth (even have a copy of the tv show) but for some reason, i wouldn't mind seeing another version done. maybe one that is a bit closer to the book.

I Walked with a Zombie - another classic flick that i wouldn't mind seeing a new version of.
    The Logan's Run TV series was fantastic, I enjoyed it more than the film.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... not sure if I can come up with three, but I certainly know of one I would remake:

Drive-In Massacre:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...be-remade.html

I wrote a whole thing about it there on my blog, so I've said my piece on why I'd want to remake it, but yeah - that's one I'd definitely want to do.

There's been so many remakes (many of them unnecessary, too) that there isn't really an awful lot left for a wish list ... hmmm...

Tibet
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Staredge; 02-Nov-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: That's just how I roll.

United States
    LOL @ World War Z

My pick:

Michael Bay's Transformer Movies suck so much ass and offer so little to die hard transformers fans. Makes me sick....

United States
    Although it is an absolute classic, & doesn't NEED remade, I would love to see a remake of "Them!" with modern special effects, IF they kept it as a period piece to keep that "army men vs giant ants" vibe intact.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    Yes! That would be awesome. Apparently a remake has been in the works since the mid-90s, per Wikipedia, with multiple changes of screenwriter, director, etc. over the years.

I'd like to see a remake of Starship Troopers that bears some resemblance to the book.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Yes! That would be awesome. Apparently a remake has been in the works since the mid-90s, per Wikipedia, with multiple changes of screenwriter, director, etc. over the years.

I'd like to see a remake of Starship Troopers that bears some resemblance to the book.
    The original movie worked in it's own way...like Robocop, it had a "comics/graphic novel" feel to it and was the right choice for it's times.

I know the novel is a different beast, but I liked the film and enjoyed it.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Tibet
    Starship Troopers was the World War Z of science fiction: Fantastic book, complete pile of shite movie.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    Starship Troopers was the World War Z of science fiction: Fantastic book, complete pile of shite movie.
    I respectfully disagree ( and the Heinlien novel was my favorite must read among this former kid's list of young man coming of age stories. Right up there with Jack London & the lot. ) as the movie was a decently rendered down homage, san powered ape suits. If someone decides to remake it closer to the source material, I would not be unhappy, but the original was a fun popcorn film with the trademark winks at politics.

Currently, with Game of Thrones and George R.R. Martin running a bloody campaign across cable TV, I'd like to see someone take a stab at redoing an earlier story of his: Nightflyers.
    No, this wasn't the Stephen King vampire short about an undead pilot ( The Nightflyer. ) but a sort of Haunted House in Space ( done up SF style ). It had been done as a small budget 80's film ( with Catherine Mary Stewart( Night of The Comet & The Last Star Fighter ) and Michael Praed (who played The Elephant Man on stage before David Bowie ever got hold of it. )
    I really like the original movie, but it could do with an update I think.

Wayne Z

Undisclosed
    Me too. Verhoeven's Starship Troppers is a satire and wonderfully subversive. Apart from being a violent action film it's also very (left wing) political. Just like Robocop come to think of it.
    I can understand it's not to everyone's taste though as it's so in your face.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh wow, tough question.
    Really I think with a bigger budget, Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' could be remade well, as long as they keep it fun.
    Secondly, 'The Great Race'. Purely because I'm sick of always seeing the original, and that Leslie fella drives me up the wall.
    Last but not least, 'Tank Girl'. Y'know, make it good this time.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Oh wow, tough question.
    Really I think with a bigger budget, Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' could be remade well, as long as they keep it fun.
    Secondly, 'The Great Race'. Purely because I'm sick of always seeing the original, and that Leslie fella drives me up the wall.
    Last but not least, 'Tank Girl'. Y'know, make it good this time.
    Yah, I know what you mean about Tony Curtis as The Great Leslie being annoying, but that was intentional. Still, the vision of Natalie Wood in her old timey undies is happily not an effect easily duplicated for this former kid here
    And who would be better than Jack Lemmon as Prof Fate ... or Peter Falk as his flunky, Max? Then there's Ross Martin ( the original Artemis Gordon from The Wild Wild West TV series ) ... and is it obvious I loved this movie? Put it on a double billing with The Assassination Bureau (Oliver Reed, Diana Riggs, and Telly Savalas ) and I'm in movie buff heaven.

Wayne Z
    "Push the button, Max! " I still love that line.
    Last edited by wayzim; 16-Nov-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: cuz

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Alright Zim, alright... Geez. I know it's a classic and a great movie and all. And I've seen it at least three times, so I can see why, but I dunno it's just not my cup of tea I guess. But what about the other two on my list?