Thread: Day of the Dead novelation, the story continues!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Day of the Dead novelation, the story continues!

Front Cover for Sunset.jpg

Sunset of the Dead by Anthony Giangregorio release date Oct 1, 2013

MORE ADVENTURES INTO THE WORLD OF DAY OF THE DEAD!

It has been years since the dead began to walk and civilization is now nothing but a memory. Cities are nothing but ruins, filled with the living dead, and where once small enclaves survived, now they are all gone.

One of the last holdouts, a group of soldiers and scientists hidden in an underground bunker in Florida, are also gone after being overrun by the undead.

But there were three survivors: Sarah, John and McDermott.

Escaping in a helicopter, the group found refuge on an island off the coast of Florida, where they hope to begin life anew, away from the death and destruction that was once mankind.

But the island is far from uninhabited, and soon Sarah and the others find themselves embroiled in the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak. Here, men of science as well as civilians have begun working on a cure for the undead plague.

Sarah soon finds out that she is the key to the cure, that she alone could be the one to save the remaining humans on the planet from a fate worse than death.

But there is one hitch. The key to the cure of the plague is buried in her notes back at the underground bunker, and the only way to reach Sarah’s lab is through hundreds upon hundreds of walking dead that now fill the corridors.
    With a small commando force joining in, Sarah, John and McDermott have no choice but return to the fateful bunker where Sarah and the others had only narrowly escaped with their lives weeks ago.

But unknown to them, the bunker harbors an evil far worse than the walking dead. An enemy they believe is long dead has resurfaced with only one goal…vengeance and death.

Though at first there was Day of the Dead, eventually night must fall.

Then there is only the Sunset of the Dead.

Living Dead Press.com

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadpress View Post

the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak.
    That's what I'm talking about!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I seem to remember there being something of a minor shitstorm the last time Living Dead Press tried something along these lines; I think it was a Dawn of the Dead sequel that time.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 22-Sep-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I'll give it a try. I read Dead Reckoning...his Dawn novel and I've read worse from better known authors. It was worth the 6.99 I paid for it.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadpress View Post
    Sarah must have taken a bottle of blonde hair dye with her before she left the bunker.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Dead

United States
    Sounds REALLY cheesy. Starting with the name. "Sunset Of The Dead". Was "Evening Of The Dead" too formal?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Sounds REALLY cheesy. Starting with the name. "Sunset Of The Dead". Was "Evening Of The Dead" too formal?
    I always wanted Romero to do Dusk of the Dead keeping with the theme of times of day.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I always wanted Romero to do Dusk of the Dead keeping with the theme of times of day.
    With a really decent film behind it of course... Still waiting for that too
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    With a really decent film behind it of course... Still waiting for that too
    Yep, but I think that'll never happen. Which is sad.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    "But the island is far from uninhabited, and soon Sarah and the others find themselves embroiled in the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak. Here, men of science as well as civilians have begun working on a cure for the undead plague."

Oh gawd no! Not two groups of native born Irish cowboys again! I'd eat my own head before I'd sit through that stinker again.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Same. Maybe it's still in him, waiting to get out.
    When he's ready/serious/ready to get serious...
    Kickstarter, perhaps?

United States
    As long as GAR drops the whole "comsumerism" thing and focus' instead on a more compelling horror storyline, then it should be a worthy film for his fans.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 03-Dec-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    As long as GAR drops the whole "comsumerism" thing and focus' instead on a more compelling horror storyline, then it should be a worthy film for his fans.
    He needs to adapt the social commentary to something that resembles the time that the film is set in. The commentary in Night and Dawn worked perfectly. But it seems like that was due to those times specifically. That commentary was in everyones faces already, before the films came out. So when it was in the films, it just fell into place right.
    Today there's SO MUCH to base social commentary on, and chances are it's been done already.